Adelaide-CSIRO iPhd Program
We are excited to announce that the University of Adelaide and CSIRO have now launched an elite industry-focused research training PhD Program with the first students starting in early 2019.
Our 4 year Industry PhD Program includes a minimum six month industry placement offering you an enhanced opportunity to work in an industry-defined research area with support and supervision through a partnership between the University of Adelaide, CSIRO, and an Industry Partner.
In addition, you will have the opportunity, along with your supervisory team, to engage in training and professional development activities. By building your abilities, skills, understanding, and encouraging professional growth, the iPhD will prepare you to hit the ground running after completion.
Key aspects of the Adelaide-CSIRO iPhD Program
- Applicants must meet the University of Adelaide’s higher degree by research admissions criteria.
- Applicants must meet the University of Adelaide’s English Language Requirements.
- This program is open to domestic students who are Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, or holders of an Australian permanent visa.
* Previous applicants are not eligible to apply.
The University and CSIRO will:
- administer and support the program.
- provide a $40k p.a. scholarship.
- provide project research support funds of $10,000 per annum.
The iPhD is a four year program which includes a six-month industry placement and involves three-way supervision by University of Adelaide, CSIRO and an industry partner.
Applications are currently open for select projects. Please refer to each project page for more information
Students are provided with industry-specific training through the University’s Career and Research Skills Training Program to develop new skills and enhance existing ones. In addition, students will have the opportunity, along with their dedicated supervisory team, to attend Launch Camp. This two-day professional development experience is designed to help research teams understand the market for their research idea and view their research through the eyes of their potential customers or end-users.
Please refer to each research project below for more details. Applications will be assessed on:
- Experience relevant to the field of research, including any research experience.
- Suitability for the project.
- Academic excellence.
- Motivation for understanding an Industry-led PhD project.
Currently Available Projects
University of Adelaide Research and Innovation, CSIRO Land & Water, and RioTinto.Find out more
University of Adelaide Faculty of Sciences, CSIRO Agriculture and Food, and Incitec Pivot Fertilisers.Find out more
High Performance Solid-State Li-ion Battery based on Halloysite Additives for Next Generation Energy Storage Applications
University of Adelaide Engineering, CSIRO Energy Storage and Battery Technologies, and Andromeda Metals Limited.Find out more
University of Adelaide Faculty of Sciences, CSIRO Agriculture and Food, and Agilent Technologies Australia Pty Ltd.Find out more