Short Paper Review Criteria
A short paper format of 1500 to 2000 words (excluding references) was used for both the research stream and practice stream. The review criteria assessed whether papers:
- used, adapted, connected together or critiqued one or more of the MELT frameworks (www.melt.edu.au)
- specified the practice or theory gap
- drew on and synthesised an appropriate literature base that was broader than just the RSD literature
- contained well-reasoned methods/methodology for research or approach for practice
- were communicative and succinct
- consistently used one citing/referencing format.
* Qualitative, quantitative and mixed-methods data were welcome, with the expectation that typical standards for each type of data should be adhered to. It was acceptable for for outcomes of practice to use a blend of student evaluation data and research vignettes or stories.
Advice on research was available here: Supporting your Research.