ECE Icon Competition
One version of MELT is called Research Mountain, developed by Marsha Seebohm from Elizabeth North primary school.
Marsha, her students and lots of other teachers and children would benefit from visual representations of the six facets of MELT. Can you help?
Entries close 1 November 2017
We would like each of the six facets of MELT to be represented as icons. An examples of icons can be found to the right.
You can guess which icons belong to each facet.
Think you can do a better representation?
Good, then enter the MELT Icons for Early Childhood competition.
- Original representations i.e. not published before.
- All six facets of MELT must be represented digitally on one A4 size document (210 × 297 millimeters or 8.27 × 11.69 inches).
- Share alike 3.0 Learning commons copyright must be placed on each entry, and any entries may be freely shared, including on the MELT website.
- Judging panels' decisions are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- No entries will be considered after the closing date for the competition of 1 November, 2017, 11.59pm Greenwich Mean Time
- Judging Criteria
- Each icon individually epitomises the concept underlying each facet of MELT in a way that 3-5 year olds can relate to.
- Taken together the icons form a visually appealing set.
- Judging Panels
- Panel 1: Four and five year olds
- Panel 2: Early Childhood Educators
Each panel will allocate 1st, second and third place. Commendations will also be given.
- Prizes For Each Panel
- 1st prize: $500
- 2nd prize : $350
- 3rd prize: $200
- Submit Your Entry