Personal Safety and Security
Everyone has the right to a safe environment and to participate in a life without fear. Your safety is a high priority for the University.
A few simple Safe Steps can help reduce your risk and enhance your safety. Remember, if you are a victim of a crime you are never responsible, regardless of the circumstances. The offender is 100% responsible for their offending.
You can report any suspicious individuals or activities, incidents or crime in progress to Security Services.
On-campus security contacts
- North Terrace 8313 5990
- AHMS Campus 8313 0442
- Roseworthy Campus 8313 7999
- Waite Campus 8313 7200
- Thebarton Campus 8313 5990
Look after yourself
- Put the security contact number into your phone
- Stay alert and aware of your surroundings.
- If you plan to stay late on campus, think about where you park and use Security escorts.
- Be prepared to call for help and be conscious of the safety of others on campus.
- Whenever possible walk with a friend or in groups along open, well-lit public paths.
Look out for others
- Call someone into the situation to help if you feel unable to.
- If someone is being harassed, step in and distract by asking a question, like “do you know what the time is?”
- Take direct action to intervene and assist, as long as it is safe for you to do so.
There are many ways to be an active bystander and to keep safe while doing so.