Who can I talk to?

Talking about and dealing with incidents can be difficult, so it's important that you feel comfortable and supported if you decide to take this step. The University has a range of welcoming and appropriately qualified/trained staff that provide a range of support for students including advice, advocacy and counselling. The various roles and the support they can provide are described below. Use the links provided to access further details and contact information.

For advice

Student Grievance and Conduct Advisors

Student Grievance and Conduct Advisors respond to Incident Reports and provide advice on the Student Behaviour and Conduct Procedure.

For support and advice

Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment Information Network (SASHIN)

The Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment Information Network (SASHIN) is made up of University of Adelaide staff who are committed to ensuring the University is a safe and respectful environment. SASHIN members are trained staff members who can provide students with information about their options relating to support services and reporting processes. 

Student Care Education and Welfare Officers

Education and Welfare Officers from Student Care offers independent information, advocacy and referral across a range of academic and administrative issues to all students enrolled at the University of Adelaide. They are all highly qualified social workers, familiar with supporting students to understand and navigate both University systems and processes along with those of external agencies. Education and Welfare Officers can advice and support. 

For counselling

Student Counsellors, including the Specialist Sexual Violence Counsellor

Student Life Counselling Support is free, confidential and available to all enrolled students seeking to address issues that may be affecting their study and life. Counselling Support provides a safe place for you to seek support and practical advice if you have been subjected to sexual violence or any other unacceptable behaviour. Our dedicated, Specialist Sexual Violence Counsellor is available to help manage the effects of sexual violence and discuss options for reporting the incident. Phone 8313 5663, drop in to Ground floor, Horace Lamb Building (North Terrace campus) or book an appointment online.

External support

In addition to support and information available through the University, there are a range of helpful external services and informative websites available to you.