Join our team
SAiGENCI is growing. The Institute has recruited some remarkable cancer research talent to Adelaide.
- Professor Christopher Sweeney as Director
- Professor Melissa Davis as Program Lead, Computational Systems Oncology
- Professor Brendan Jenkins as Program Lead, Tumour Inflammation and Immunotherapy
- Professor Jose Polo as Program Lead, Cancer Epigenetics and Director of the Adelaide Centre for Epigenetics
- Professor Lisa Butler as Lead SAiGENCI Associate in SAHMRI and Prostate Cancer Theme Lead for Hormone Dependent Cancers
- Associate Professor Luciano Martelotto as Group Leader, Single Cell and Spatial Technologies
Work with us
SAiGENCI is now calling for expressions of interest from established cancer research scientists or clinician researchers for up to a further 12 group leader appointments. Generous five-year establishment grants are available to support appointment at academic level C, D or E in any of the following four programs of the Institute:
- Cancer Epigenetics – working with Professor Jose Polo.
- Computational Systems Oncology – bringing high-density data from the clinic and laboratories into one integrated environment and interrogating it to produce new insights about where and why cancer appears and progresses.
- Resistance Prevention – exploring, explaining and preventing resistance to cancer therapies, including:
- Hormone Dependent Cancers - with a focus on prostate and breast cancer, and
- Paediatric and Neuro-oncology - focussing on the unique aspects of paediatric cancer as well as adult and paediatric brain tumours.
- Tumour Inflammation and Immunotherapy – developing strategies to harness the immune system to tackle cancers.
To express interest in an exploratory discussion with SAiGENCI’s leadership please register either a full academic CV or link to online profile with a brief outline of your translational research aspirations.
Living in Adelaide
Adelaide is the third most liveable city in the world* and home to world-class health care and medical research. Get to know more about living and working in Adelaide and our partners:
*The Economist Intelligence Unit's Global Liveability Index 2021