Join our team
SAiGENCI is growing. Over the course of 2021 and 2022, the Institute has recruited some remarkable cancer research talent to Adelaide.
- Professor Christopher Sweeney as Director Designate
- Professor Jose Polo as Program Lead, Cancer Epigenetics and Director of the Adelaide Centre for Epigenetics
- Professor Melissa Davis as Program Lead, Computational Systems Oncology
- Associate Professor Luciano Martelotto as Group Leader, Single Cell and Spatial Technologies
Work with us
SAiGENCI is now calling for expressions of interest from established cancer research scientists or clinician researchers for up to a further 12 group leader appointments. Generous five-year establishment grants are available to support appointment at academic level C, D or E in any of the following six programs of the Institute:
- Hormone Dependent Cancers–with a focus on prostate and breast cancer.
- Resistance Prevention–exploring, explaining and preventing resistance to cancer therapies.
- Cancer Epigenetics–working with Professor Jose Polo.
- Cancer Systems Biology– bringing high-density data from the clinic and laboratories into one integrated environment and interrogating it to produce new insights about where and why cancer appears, and progresses.
- Pediatric and Neuro-oncology–focusing on the unique aspects of pediatric cancer as well as adult and pediatric brain tumors.
- Tailored Immunotherapy–developing strategies to harness the immune system to tackle cancers.
To express interest in an exploratory discussion with SAiGENCI’s leadership please register either a full academic CV or link to online profile with a brief outline of your translational research aspirations.
Living in Adelaide
Adelaide is the third most liveable city in the world* and home to world-class health care and medical research. Get to know more about living and working in Adelaide and our partners:
*The Economist Intelligence Unit's Global Liveability Index 2021