Meet Industry and Employers
Careers seminars and speaker sessions are run by the Careers Service throughout the academic year.
The below events and links provide you with information about when employers are on campus, where you can meet employers.
- Careers Expo 2018 The largest industry and employer event on campus
Meet prospective employers right here on campus who want to meet YOU.
Find out more here.
- Industry Connect Visits Gain insight into your future industry by visiting workplaces
Industry Connect is part of the Careers on the Move program. Visits take you into fascinating workplaces to show you what your profession is all about.
You will be given the chance to network with professionals in your field and hear from the experts to see where your degree can take you.
Visits take place in each term break (February, April, July and September) and once details are available, they will be listed on CareerHub.
- Employer Presentations and 'Pop-up' Displays Find out about job vacancies and meet company representatives
Employers regularly request to speak directly to students. The Careers Service facilitates:
- Lecture presentations (during core class times)
- Feature presentations (outside of class)
- 'Pop-up' employer displays in high-traffic area such as Hub Central, Ingkarni Wardli and the Professions Hub.
Stay tuned to CareerHub's Employer Events Section to know when employers will be on campus.
- Mentoring ProgramMeet graduates and industry for support in your career
The Careers Service facilitates structured mentoring relationships between current University of Adelaide students with industry professionals, providing unique opportunities for advice, insights and guidance on their transition into industry.
- Professional Associations Network with your industry
Membership of a student chapter of a professional organisation reflects well on the students who are involved. Their participation shows that they are keen students who are interested in their chosen field.
You can access a sample list of Professional Associations here.
- Networking Tips Conversation starters
Talking with industry can be daunting. The Careers Service has a list of tips and commonly asked questions to steer you in the right direction and give you some 'talking points'.
Remember that everyone you meet has a valuable story to tell and insights into their professional environment - even if their role is not directly related to the area you are seeking.
Access these networking tips and more resources on CareerHub.
- Careers Service Emails Stay in the loop
Stay tuned to your emails and make sure you subscribe to CareerHub updates. This way you will always be informed when an employer of interest will be on campus. Official emails will come from the 'email@example.com' email address.
The Careers Service is a free service available to all current students and recent graduates (for up to one year after completion).
If you are not a registered student at the University of Adelaide, please visit this enquiry site or speak to the Ask Adelaide team on 08 8313 5208.