Domestic fee-paying students are responsible for the 'real cost' of their program. Fee-paying students are required to pay their tuition fees directly to the University or, if eligible, may access FEE-HELP to cover some or all of their tuition fees.

The annual fee for a particular program is based upon the standard full-time enrolment of 24 units per year. The amount to be paid therefore depends upon your program of study and your enrolment load. Should you 'overload' or 'under load', your fees will be increased or decreased accordingly. Fees will also vary depending on the program you are studying.

Students can search Course Planner to find the cost of their courses.

Please note: The fees quoted should be used as a guide, as some variations may occur where rounding is required.

2008 was the last year the University offered Australian Fee Based Enrolment (AFBE) places to local undergraduate students, however International Students who gain permanent residency can be transferred into a domestic fee-paying place.

  • Undergraduate programs

    Fee-paying places for commencing domestic students in undergraduate programs are no longer offered.

    However fee-paying places are still valid for:

    • students who advise they do not want a Commonwealth Supported Place
    • students who are ineligible for a Commonwealth Supported Place due to a low completion rate or insufficient Student Learning Entitlement (SLE)
    • international students who gain permanent residency (but not for all programs)
    • students who are overseas trained and completing approved bridging studies.

    The University also sets fees for undergraduate courses:

    • undertaken on a non-award basis, i.e. without leading to any university award.

    For further details of eligibility for a fee-paying undergraduate place, and for information on fees, go to the Commonwealth Government's Study Assist website.

  • Postgraduate coursework programs

    Fees for postgraduate coursework programs for commencing domestic students are outlined in the University's Degree Finder. For detailed information on specific courses, please visit Course Planner.

    Continuing fee-paying students can use the Continuing Students Fee Calculator to find the cost of their courses.

    The University also sets fees for postgraduate courses:

    Note: No postgraduate research programs are offered on a fee-paying basis to domestic students. For more information about postgraduate degrees by research at the University of Adelaide, visit the Adelaide Graduate Research School.

  • Paying your local tuition fees

    All fee-paying students are issued an invoice in MyAdelaide for each study period in which they enrol. Please visit our Payments page for more information.

    Fee-paying students requiring further information on financial assistance and advice, please visit our Financial Assistance page.

    For more information concerning late, non-payment or incomplete deferral of local tuition fees for Fee Paying students please refer to our Outstanding Debts page.

For further information on Local Sponsored Students, please visit our sponsored students page.

Other fees and charges

Please visit our other fees and charges page for more information.