International Students

International students at the University of Adelaide are required to pay annual tuition fees for their respective program of study.

Study abroad and exchange program

The Study Abroad and Exchange program allows international students to study at the University of Adelaide for one or two semesters.

Find out more

  • Annual tuition fees

    The annual fee for each program is based upon the standard full-time enrolment of 24 units per year. The amount to be paid depends upon your program of study and your enrolment load (enrolled part-time, full-time, or overloading) with fees increased or decreased proportionately.

    Commencing students and Commonwealth Supported students can search Course Planner to find the cost of their courses.

    If you are an international student and you commenced your degree in 2023 or earlier, you can refer to the continuing students fee calculator.

    Tuition fees are payable by international students for all University of Adelaide programs except those international students who are:

    • undertaking a Higher Degree by Research or a coursework program and who have been awarded a scholarship for that study on the basis of merit following a competitive application process
    • studying in Australia under a formal exchange program between an educational institution in their home country and The University of Adelaide.

    A deposit of half of the annual program fee based upon standard full-time enrolment (24 units per year) is payable when you accept the Offer of Admission. The payment is counted as credit towards your tuition fees in the first study period of enrolment. An invoice for the balance of fees for your first study period is sent before the first day of teaching and/or upon enrolment.

    Full details on programs offered and the relevant tuition fees is available in the University's Degree Finder.

  • Charging tuition fees

    From the University's Fees for Award Programs and Courses Policy

    • Tuition fees are charged by study period on a pro rata basis according to the student’s enrolled load and the program they are enrolled in
    • International postgraduate research students who undertake most or all of their research away from South Australia may be charged 50 per cent of their relevant tuition fee for the duration of their period away. For further information please contact the Adelaide Graduate Research School
    • Fees for continuing students may be increased annually, as specified in each student’s initial letter of offer.
  • Paying your tuition fees

    International students are issued an invoice in MyAdelaide for each study period in which they enrol. Please visit our Payments page for more information.

    International students requiring further information on financial assistance and advice, please visit our Financial Assistance page.

    For more information concerning outstanding debts for international students, refer to our Outstanding Debts page

  • Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

    The Department of Home Affairs (DHA) requires all international students on student visas and their families (on 'dependant' visas) to pay for health insurance during their stay in Australia.

    This insurance is called OSHC. This applies to all fee-paying international students, international higher degree by research and coursework students who have scholarships, as well as international student exchange students. For detailed information, refer to Medical Services & OSHC under International Student Support Services.

    In the Offer of Admission that international student receive, there is an option to include payment for OSHC. Choosing this option provides visa length cover as required by DHA outlined in your Offer of Admission.

    If you choose to organise your OSHC with another insurance provider, you need to contact that insurer directly. If you choose another provider please remember that it is a condition of your student visa that you maintain current OSHC for the duration of your visa. You must provide proof to the University that you have paid OSHC for the duration of your visa before your student visa can be issued.

  • Sponsored students

  • Other fees and charges

    Please visit our other fees and charges page for more information.