Skip to content

Change of Citizenship or Residency Status

Find information on how to update your citizenship or residency details with the University.

Note that there are two different processes, depending on the change you wish to make.

Change of Citizenship Status

You are updating your status to Australian citizen or New Zealand citizen.

To change your citizenship status you need to:

  • Fill in a change of citizenship status form Link to PDF electronically and print it
  • Take form with relevant evidence (e.g., passport/original citizenship certificate) to Ask Adelaide, Level 3, Hub Central, North Terrace Campus.
  • Allow 5 working days for your form to be processed

If you are unable to submit the paperwork in person, you can post your completed form along with a certified copy of your supporting documentation to 'Student Finance, The University of Adelaide, SA 5005 Australia'.

Further information about the required documentary evidence is detailed on the form.

Change of Residency Status

Your visa details have changed, e.g. you now hold an Australian Permanent Residency visa, a Permanent Humanitarian visa, or Temporary Visa.

To change your residency status, you need to:

Opening Hours

9am - 5pm
Monday - Friday


Enquire online
Telephone: +61 8 8313 5208
Country/interstate callers toll free on 1800 061 459

Face to Face Enquiries

Hub Central, Level 3 South
The University of Adelaide
North Terrace
Adelaide SA 5005