If you are a current or former student of the University of Adelaide, or a casual staff member, you have the opportunity to register your interest in a casual usher position at the University of Adelaide.
Applications for casual positions at the May 2022 graduation ceremonies have closed. Applications for the September 2022 graduation ceremonies will open in June/July.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting graduates to their assigned seats in Bonython Hall
- Supervising the orderly admission and seating of guests
- Ensuring the comfort of guests, provide assistance and advise guests of protocol where required
- Attending to emergencies, if required, as directed by the Chief Usher
- Assist post ceremony in the straightening of seats and cleaning up and re-set of Bonython Hall
- Performing COVID Marshal duties before, during and after graduation ceremonies
Please be aware that there are limited positions available and registrations will close as soon as all positions have been filled.
If you have not held a casual position for the University of Adelaide graduation ceremonies in the past, you will be required to submit a CV with your application.
This position is a recognised activity for the Adelaide Graduate Award.