Have Your Say - Transforming Student Experience
The Transforming Student Experience Committee values comments, suggestions and feedback from all students.
Whether you have a positive comment or a criticism; have experienced something that you would like to see more of, or had an experience that you would not like to be repeated; or have ideas and suggestions for improving the experience of all students, please feel free to contribute your comments.
Your ideas will be collated by the Associate Director, Student Experience Improvement and presented to TSEC when it meets. Please be honest and respectful in your feedback.
You can also talk directly with any of the students on the committee, or raise anything through the Student Representative Council (SRC) within the student union. But remember, change can sometimes be slower that you may expect. TSEC meet quarterly and will review your feedback at each meeting, so please be realistic in your expectations of the time it may take to address significant change issues. If you have an urgent issue please contact your Faculty office or Ask Adelaide.
- What is TSEC
TSEC was established to provide advice to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Academic) (DVCA) on matters relating to the student experience and to ensure the student voice is listened to on all major University projects. As such, TSEC will:
- Provide advice in relation to student engagement strategies.
- Provide a mechanism for continued student engagement and co-creation and a pathway for feedback.
- Identify issues affecting the student experience and either seek to resolve these or facilitate action through appropriate channels.
- Provide recommendations to the DVCA on matters impacting the student experience.
- Consider and report on matters referred to it by the DVCA.
TSEC has previously been intimately involved in the co-creation of Hub Central and in the development of the Student e-Experience strategy.
- TSEC Membership
Current TSEC membership is:
- Professor Pascale Quester, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice President (Academic) - Convenor
- Professor Philippa Levy, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Student Learning)
- Professor Jennie Shaw, Executive Dean, Faculty of Arts
- A/Professor Benjamin McCann, School of Humanities
- Associate Professor Mario Ricci, Senior Lecturer, School of Medical Sciences
- Ian Thomson, Associate Director Student Experience Improvement
- Kendra Backstrom, Associate Director, Infrastructure Engagement
- Brodie Scott, President, Adelaide University Union
- Mark Pace, President, Student Representative Council
- Nicholas Banks, MyUni Assist Ambassador
- Beau Brug, Undergraduate Student Representative
- Bryan Lee, Ask Adelaide Student Casual
- Henry Symons, Undergraduate Student Representative
- Arthur Yeow, International Student Officer
- Yang Zhu, Postgraduate Student Officer
- Latest News from TSEC
October 2016: TSEC is currently considering how students may become more active on formal university committees and in regular reviews of courses and programs. A look at the UK ‘students as partners’ model and how it could be applied at the University of Adelaide will happen in the first part of 2017.