Alumni Tuition Fee Discount
15% tuition fee discount
At the University of Adelaide, we value our students and recognise their passion for lifelong learning. To inspire continuing academic endeavours, we are delighted to offer alumni a 15% discount on tuition fees in an eligible postgraduate award program for commencements in 2024 (some exclusions apply, see below for details).
The 15% fee discount will be applied to tuition fees upon enrolment, subject to eligibility.
This tuition fee discount is only available to domestic University of Adelaide alumni who commence an eligible postgraduate Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) award program in 2024. The alumni discount is not transferable and not redeemable for cash or any other benefit.
To be eligible you must:
- have successfully completed an undergraduate or postgraduate AQF award program at the University of Adelaide;
- be a commencing student* in 2024 in an eligible postgraduate award program (by coursework). Note, you will not be considered a commencing student if you have previously enrolled in the same postgraduate award program;
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or hold Permanent Residency status in Australia (i.e. be a domestic student). Note, as a domestic student enrolling in to an Australian Full Fee paying program, you may be eligible for the FEE-HELP Loan. Visit Student Finance for FEE-HELP eligibility criteria and further information;
- be enrolled part-time or full-time in an Australian Full-Fee paying place in an eligible program (see list of exclusions below). Note, see the Fees and Scholarships tab for each program on Degree Finder to identify those that provide Australian Full-Fee paying places;
- not concurrently receive any other form of study grant, discount, scholarship, bursary or financial support (this includes Commonwealth Supported Places) for the program of study.
*Definition of a commencing student
A student who has accepted an offer to a program at the University of Adelaide and is enrolling in that program for the first time.
- Apply via SATAC from August 2 2022 or via Internal Transfer*
- Your first preference must be an eligible Australian Full-Fee paying program
- Identify in your application via SATAC if your undergraduate or postgraduate degree was completed at the University of Adelaide.
If eligible, your alumni discount will be automatically applied to your fees statement once you enrol in an eligible University of Adelaide program.
If you have any questions regarding graduate study at the University of Adelaide, including program options and entry requirements, please contact us.
*Internal Transfers in reference to the Alumni Tuition Fee discount are only available to current University of Adelaide students who are completing an undergraduate award (including an honours award) and wish to enter a postgraduate coursework award program in 2024. Internal Transfers open at a later date. Please see the Internal Transfers webpage for opening and closing dates.
The following program types and units are not included in the alumni discount offer:
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Any postgraduate program with a Commonwealth Supported Place included
- Fully online programs
- Graduate research degrees
- Postgraduate study that commenced prior to 2022
- Any units delivered by a partner institution or organisation as part of an eligible full fee paying postgraduate coursework program offered by the University of Adelaide.
By accepting your program offer and enrolling in to the eligible course(s) you confirm that you have read, understood and accept the Alumni Tuition Fee Discount terms and conditions.
15% tuition fee discount
Applied to a maximum of 48 units, and within the maximum duration allowed for program completion.
Note: if commencing an eligible graduate certificate award or graduate diploma award in 2024 you may be eligible to continue to receive the alumni discount for the balance of the 48 units maximum provided that you immediately progress to a higher level award program. Discount will expire after eight years from commencement. Please contact the Domestic Recruitment Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to continue your study.
15% tuition fee discount automatically applied to eligible courses upon enrolment.
The alumni discount is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The recipient must be enrolled on a part-time or full-time basis in the eligible postgraduate award program on a Full-Fee paying basis on Census Date.
- The recipient must not attempt to transfer this discount to a Commonwealth Supported Placed program or any other excluded program.
- The discount can only be applied to a maximum of 48 units and within the maximum duration for program completion. If a recipient withdraws after Census Date or fails a course, those units will be counted towards the 48-unit cap.
- The discount cannot be deferred, and must be activated in the year of offer.
- The discount cannot be redeemed for cash or any other benefit.
- The discount cannot be applied to anything other than tuition fees for the eligible program.
- The discount cannot be applied to any units undertaken with a partner institution or organisation.
- A review of academic progress and enrolment may be carried out following each census date.
If the University reasonably believes that a recipient of the alumni discount has breached any of the terms and conditions, the discount may be cancelled.
The recipient must notify the Domestic Recruitment Team by emailing email@example.com if any of the following circumstances arise:
- the recipient discontinues their studies, or
- the recipient defers or is approved for a leave of absence, or
- the recipient changes their program of study, or
- any other circumstances that affects the recipient’s eligibility for the discount.
If a recipient does not contact the Domestic Recruitment Team in any of these circumstances they may be invoiced for the full tuition fee.
The discount will be terminated where:
- the recipient ceases to be enrolled in the approved eligible program, or
- fails to make satisfactory progress in the approved program, or
- the recipient has provided false, inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information to secure the discount, or
- the recipient is found to have committed an act of misconduct under the University’s framework for dealing with student misconduct or Academic Integrity Policy.
The recipient authorises the University to:
- obtain such additional information it deems necessary to ensure that the recipient continues to meet the discount eligibility conditions.