Postgraduate Research Degrees
Dive deep. Climb high.
The time you invest in a PhD at the University of Adelaide is an investment in yourself and your future. It will accelerate your personal development, professional capabilities and career opportunities in ways no other experience can.
- build deep expertise in a field you’re passionate about
- hone highly sought-after and transferable research skills
- establish life-long connections with like-minded thinkers
- work side-by-side with world-class researchers
- engage with industry at the highest levels
- draw on an enviable professional network spanning the globe.
Apply for a PhD
Over 300 research degree projects are on offer across many study areas, including:
- Defence and space
- Agriculture, food and wine
To find out more information about these projects and supervisor availability, email email@example.com and request assistance to find a supervisor. Further information about our pre-application process will then be provided.
If you have a pre-existing collaboration with a supervisor (e.g. they previously supervised your Honours research), you may obtain written assurance of support directly from them and proceed to Apply.
Rather develop your own PhD research project?
Get in touch with the Adelaide Graduate Research School by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about our pre-application process will then be provided.
We are the highest ranked university in South Australia and top 100 in the world.
Employer satisfaction with graduate skills^
Our graduates achieve the highest level of employer satisfaction across all skill areas.
* QS 2020, THE 2020, ARWU 2019
** QS Graduate Employability Ranking 2020
^ 2019 Employer Satisfaction Survey (ESS), Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching