Special Tertiary Admissions Test
Never completed year 12 or any other higher education? You may wish to use the Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) to gain entry into University.
The STAT is a two-hour, multiple-choice test designed to assess a range of skills and knowledge needed to study at university.
The South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre (SATAC) coordinates the STAT as well as your application to university. To sit the test, you'll need to be over 18 years old before 1 February in the year that you wish to commence study. If you have been enrolled in the last two years, you must not have done more than two years (full-time) tertiary study in total.
Test dates and venues
STAT sittings are available throughout the year in Adelaide as well as regional locations.
- Wednesday 11 October, SATAC office, Adelaide
- Friday 13 October, SATAC office, Adelaide
- Sunday 19 November: Wayville Pavilion, Goodwood
- Monday 27 November: TAFE SA, Murray Bridge
- Friday 1 December: TAFE SA, Berri
- Wednesday 6 December: TAFE SA, Port Lincoln
- Thursday 7 December: TAFE SA, Port Pirie
- Friday 8 December: TAFE SA, Port Augusta
For specific dates and venues, visit the SATAC website.
How to prepare for the STAT
We recommend that you visit the STAT website for information on how to prepare for the test, and download the Candidate Information Booklet to see some sample questions.
Note that the University of Adelaide only requires the STAT Multiple Choice Test.