As has been reported recently, the University of Adelaide and the University of South Australia have announced we are jointly consulting on the benefits of creating a new, world-class university through merging.
The following information is important for all students wishing to undertake study at the University of Adelaide over the coming years:
- No decision to merge has been made, and that decision is not expected until December 2018.
- Current students, new students who enrol in 2019, or students who enter into a pathway to study at the University of Adelaide in 2019, will not be affected by this announcement.
- These students will be able to complete the degree they have enrolled in and receive a testamur/parchment from the University of Adelaide.
- The University of Adelaide has a strong reputation as a world-class University and is in the top 150 on all of the major ranking schemes.
- If a merger were to proceed, it would be on the basis of creating an even stronger, world-class university with an overall improvement in world rankings.
It is business as usual for the University of Adelaide. There will be no immediate impact on the University's teaching and research, the academic programs our students are currently studying, or their scholarships.