Careers and Employability
Career outcomes are a great reason to choose the University of Adelaide. We are SA’s #1 university for graduate employability.*
Our undergraduate and postgraduate degrees are designed to meet the jobs of the future and to prepare you for career success.
In addition to leading discipline knowledge, you’ll acquire the key attributes that employers are looking for. You’ll become someone who can think critically and creatively, solve problems and show leadership. You’ll be self-aware, culturally competent, able to communicate with persuasion and collaborate with your peers. Importantly, you’ll be in high demand.
What you can expect
Here’s some of the experiences and support you can expect, as we help you prepare for your future:
- Workplace placements and Internships where you’ll apply your learning in a real, professional setting
- Mentoring opportunities with industry leaders
- Award-winning career services to help you with career advice and planning, skill development and connecting you directly with industry and employers
- Ongoing access to career support via Career-hub, even after you graduate
- Access to our Adelaide Graduate Award, recognising your employability development through paid and voluntary experience
Visit our employability website to find out more about how the University of Adelaide prepares students for the workforce.
Hear from some of our recent graduates about their employment and how we helped shape their career paths:
Resources for students
As one of our students or recent graduates, you'll have access to our Careers Service which prepares, inspires and empowers students to achieve successful career transitions and connect with industry.
*QS Graduate Employability Ranking 2020