Publications & Outputs
This section lists publications and outputs by research staff and students of the Training Centre for Innovative Wine Production in the form of papers, conference presentations and media activity.
- Peer Reviewed Publications
- Longo, R., J.W. Blackman, P.J. Torley, S.Y. Rogiers, and L.M. Schmidtke (2017). Changes in volatile composition and sensory attributes of wines during alcohol content reduction. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 97(1) 8-16. DOI: 10.1002/jsfa.7757. FEATURE COVER ARTICLE.
- Li, S., Bindon, K., Bastian, S.E.P., Jiranek, V., and Wilkinson, K. L. (2017). Use of winemaking supplements to modify the composition and sensory properties of Shiraz wine. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 65 (7), 1353–1364. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jafc.6b04505.
- Bindon, K., Li, S., Kassara, S., and Smith, P. (2016). Retention of proanthocyanidin in wine-like solution is conferred by a dynamic interaction between soluble and insoluble grape cell wall components. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, 64(44), 8406-8419. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jafc.6b02900.
- Wollan, D., Pham, D-T., Wilkinson, K. (2016) Changes in wine ethanol content due to evaporation from wine glasses and implications for sensory analysis. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, 64 (40), pp 7569–7575. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jafc.6b02691.
- Johan Bruwer, Vladimir Jiranek, Lulie Halstead, Anthony Saliba, (2014) Lower alcohol wines in the UK market: some baseline consumer behaviour metrics. British Food Journal, 116:1143 – 1161.
- Conference Proceedings
- Qesja, B., R. Crouch, and P. Quester (2016) Innovating Traditional Products: “Self-Sacrifice vs. Product Authenticity”. 9th Academy of Wine Business Research Conference, at Adelaide Australia
- Ristic R. and Jiranek V. (2016) A national initiative aimed at developing a multi-faceted approach to managing alcohol and flavour, 62nd German Winegrowers’ Congress proceedings, 27–30 November 2016, Stuttgart, Germany
- Selected Presentations
- 1st International Symposium on Alcohol level reduction in wine - Bordeaux, September 2013
- Industry Articles
- Wine & Viticultural Journal Aug 2015
- Wine 101x
- Qesja B. Product innovation and Authenticity: The case of wine. Wine & Viticulture Journal, 31 (2), p 67-69.
- Wollan, D., Pham, D-T, Wilkinson, K. (2016) Alcohol: Changes in wine ethanol content due to evaporation from wine glasses. Wine & Viticulture Journal, 2016, 31 (6), 32-35.
- Ristic, R., Hranilovic, H., Li S., Longo, R., Pham, D-T., Qesja, B., Schelezki, O., Jiranek, V. (2016) Integrated strategies to moderate the alcohol content of wines. Wine & Viticulture Journal 31 (5), 33-38.
- Waterhouse A.L., Sacks G.L. and Jeffery D.W. (2016) Understanding wine chemistry, John Wiley and Sons, Ltd: West Sussex UK; 480 pp.