Research and Innovation
The Research and Innovation Technology Governance Committee will provide strategic guidance, prioritisation and oversight of those technology initiatives and operations for Research and Innovation.
The committee will govern in the following domains: technology strategy; planning and investment; risk, compliance and security; and ITDS service performance.
Terms of reference
1. Technology strategy
Formulation of Technology strategy and alignment with strategic business objectives. Reviewing progress against the Technology Strategic Plan. The Research and Innovation TGC has authority to:
- Ratify proposed Research and Innovation technology strategies
- Ensure that Research and Innovation technology strategies are aligned with the whole-of-University strategies and goals
- Endorse Research and Innovation technology roadmaps
- Identify changes in priority that affect technology strategies
- Identify technology support required for future initiatives and investments that should be considered in the future plans and roadmaps.
2. Planning and investment
Ensure Technology plans and investments are focused on the technology required to enable the University of Adelaide strategies. The Research and Innovation TGC has authority to:
- Prioritise and recommend Research and Innovation technology and digital related investments to the Technology Strategy and Governance Committee (TSGC)
- Recommend the inclusion and priority of new ITDS initiatives in the context of the approved technology investment plan
- Monitor and be informed on deviations from technology principles
- Be informed on technology trends and new strategic ideas.
3. Risk, compliance and security
Oversight of ITDS risk profile, ITDS compliance performance, and ITDS Security position. The Research and Innovation TGC has authority to:
- Be informed on significant ITDS security and technology continuity incidents as well as high risk cyber threats
- Monitor ITDS performance on risk management and compliance requirements.
4. ITDS service performance
Review ITDS services delivery performance against agreed SLAs and KPIs. The Research and Innovation TGC is to be:
- Informed on ITDS service performance and progress against agreed KPIs
- Informed on progress against 1-3 year technology investment and portfolio strategy
- Informed about progress of major projects and overall program health.
- Pro-Vice Chancellor, Research Operations - Professor Michael Liebelt (Convenor)
- Divisional representative - Mr Simon Brennan
- Divisional representative - Ms Kerry Jaeger
- Divisional representative - Mr David Lind
- Divisional representative - Ms Vanessa Barrett
- Faculty representative - Mr Mark Szolga (Sciences)
- Faculty representative - Dr Tony Cambareri (H&MS)
- Faculty representative - Professor Katrina Falkner (ECMS)
- Chief Information Officer - Ms Bev Wright
- Executive Officer - Mr Adam Davies (Enterprise Business Analyst)
- Executive Administration - Pamela Cook