Figshare is a repository where users can make their research outputs available in a citable, shareable and discoverable manner. Figshare is easy to use and was developed by researchers for researchers.
Figshare is a suitable platform for many research outputs such as figures, datasets, software/code, images, videos, posters and presentations, and enables researchers to meet the requirements of the Research Data and Primary Materials Policy.
Benefits of using Figshare include:
- Easy to upload and access files
- Files can be public or private
- Simple metadata requirements
- Allocates a DOI and a license, e.g. Creative Commons Attribution CC-BY
- Records altmetrics - views, shares, downloads etc.
- Manages embargos
- Secure file sharing
- Project workspaces available
- Meets journal open data availability requirements
- Data are discoverable via Research Data Australia
- Data are preserved long-term in association with the Digital Preservation Network