Aurora is the University's implementation of a commercial product called Symplectic Elements, which is widely used by other Universities around the world and was built by researchers for researchers.
In the future Aurora will be updated to include grant and teaching activities. It is envisaged that Aurora will become the 'single source of truth' for research output information at the University of Adelaide.
- Reduces the burden on researchers and staff by minimising repeat requests and reducing rekeying of data.
- Supports assisted self-deposit.
- Provides a 'single source' system.
- Improved data and tools enabling assessment of research strengths and planning for growth.
- Improved response to government requests for information.
- Improved ERA results due to increased quality and completeness of research output collections.
- Improved ability to comply with Open Access requirements.
- Integrations with new Researcher Profiles
- All researchers are set up with Aurora access automatically. Simply login using your UofA network login details.
- Aurora accounts are populated automatically with historic publication and research output data.
- Every two weeks, Aurora searches (harvests) online bibliographic databases (data sources) automatically to find new publications and output data for each researcher.
- Aurora also allows for assisted self-deposit of publications and research outputs.
- Researchers are welcome to update Aurora with additional information to populate their Researcher Profile, such as education, position, website links, awards, memberships, committee, etc.
- Administration staff will have access to Aurora including a variety of reporting tools for their faculty, school or institute.
Publication search / data sources
Aurora automatically harvests publications and other research output information from the following online bibliographic databases:
- CiNii EN
- Europe PubMed Central
- Web of Science
All University of Adelaide researchers (including Academic staff, Titleholders and HDR students) and administration staff can access Aurora.
If you are a visiting research staff, or a University staff member seeking delegate and/or additional levels of access (for example, access to reporting tools), please complete an Aurora Access Request Form.
Completed forms may be emailed to email@example.com.
Integration with other University systems
New publications or research outputs harvested by Aurora automatically flow through to Researcher Profiles, IAP, Adelaide Research and Scholarship, and ORBIT.