Why use ADAPT?
Get access to university licensed applications, desktop and storage from anywhere and on any device
- On or off campus access to university desktops and U: drive
- Transfer files between your computer and U:\ drive
Print from personal devices
- Check out the self help guides on MyIT Portal for further information.
Remote Access to the University of Adelaide Network by Third Party Vendor/Suppliers
Third party vendors are sometimes required to gain remote access to systems connected to the University of Adelaide network for the purpose of troubleshooting or regular maintenance. In accordance with the IT Acceptable Use and Security Policy (ref. 2(e)) and associated procedures (IT Acceptable Use Procedures (ref. 1.3(c)) and IT Security Procedures (ref. 7(d))), the only authorised means of establishing such remote access are as follows:
- GlobalProtect VPN using a visitor account issued to the vendor.
- ADAPT Citrix Workspace using a visitor account issued to the vendor.
Note - Visitor Accounts do not automatically have access to ADAPT. Please contact the ITDS Service Desk once the account has been created to have this restriction lifted
- Site-to-site IPSec VPN tunnel terminated on the UofA border firewall with appropriate restrictions. Contact the ITDS Service Desk for details about this option.
Any other methods for remote access will need to be assessed for security and other risks and must be approved by Information Technology and Digital Services (ITDS) and by the Head of School in accordance with the IT Acceptable Use and Security Policy.
Please contact ITDS Service Desk on 08 8313 3000 or via the MyIT portal for further information.
Specialist remote access exception request
If you require specialist remote access to connect to the University network, you will need to submit an IT Security policy exception request via the MyIT Portal (ServiceNow). This applies to applications including AnyDesk, Chrome Remote Desktop, ScreenConnect and Team Viewer. Exceptions will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by the ITDS Cyber Security team and approved by a senior member of your department.
If an exception is granted and no longer required, please contact ITDS Service Desk on 08 8313 3000 or via the MyIT Portal.