Video Recording Studios
Staff of the University of Adelaide can access a self-serve video recording facility, the Barr Smith Recording Studio. This is located in the Barr Smith Library on Level 2 Barr Smith South.
This studio is larger than Napier 112 and can accommodate more conversation/discussion style presentations (e.g. a panel discussion).
You can record a presentation, camera feed or both, simultaneously (Picture in Picture) or use 'live keying' against a green screen (this shows the presenter standing in front of the image or presentation that may be on a screen).
The studio has an inbuilt PC that can be used for presenting, or you can bring your own device and connect through a HDMI input. To get started, all you need to bring is a blank USB 2.0 stick (8G - 32G) to record on.
- How do I book the recording studio?
- A demo of the Recording Studio is recommended prior to booking. Demo's can be arranged by contacting BarrSmithLibraryRecordingStudio@adelaide.edu.au
- Operating Hours
- The Recording Studio is available during Barr Smith Library operating hours.
- Level 2, Barr Smith South
- Availability and Bookings can be made through calendar. To book add “barrsmithlibraryrecordingstudio" to a calendar invite like you would a colleague. Once the studio is added you will be able to see availability by clicking 'Scheduling'
- Bookings are a minimum of 1 hour and maximum of 3 hours
- Same-day bookings will NOT be accepted
- Bookings are tentative until they have been accepted/confirmed by a delegate of the Barr Smith Library Recording Studio
- If you require assistance in making a booking, please contact BarrSmithLibraryRecordingStudio@adelaide.edu.au
- Access cards can be collected from the Barr Smith Library Information Desk. You must have an existing booking and show your staff ID card in order to be issued with an access card
- Instructional Videos
- Image Gallery
Entry to the studio
Studio "green room"
Inside the recording area
Inside the recording area
Display screen and teleprompter
Staff of the University of Adelaide can access a self-serve video recording facility, the Napier 112 Recording Suite.
- About the Recording Suite
Napier 112 Recording Suite is where you can record a presentation, camera feed or both, simultaneously (Picture in Picture) in advanced mode (see examples below).
Located on Level 1 of the Napier building, the suite has PC that can be used for presenting, or you can bring your own device and connect through a HDMI input. To get started, all you need to bring is a blank USB stick to record on.
- How Do I Book the Recording Suite?
To book a session in the recording suite, email the Information Technology and Digital Services Desk with the following details:
- Your full name and staff ID number
- A contact telephone number
- Date and time of booking
- Booking duration
A member of our Audio Visual team will contact you to discuss availability, equipment requirements and confirm the booking. On the day of the booking, a technician will meet you at the studio and show you how to use the equipment.
Please note, the Audio Visual team doesn't currently provide full post production services. A "top and tail" edit can be provided on request.