Through a Glass Darkly
- Date: Thu, 11 - Sat, 13 Jul 2019
- Location: Little Theatre, The Cloisters, North Terrace campus, University of Adelaide
- More information: Book now
- Contact: Melanie Hibberd +61 8 8313 5999
Our second production of the year is Through a Glass Darkly which opens on Thursday 11 July at 7.30pm in the Little Theatre.
By Ingmar Bergman,
Adapted by Jenny Worton,
Directed by Guy Henderson.
By arrangement with Hal Leonard Australia Pty Ltd on behalf of Josef Weinberger Ltd, London.
For mature audiences only. Contains scenes depicting disturbing mental illness and strong language.
If there was a place you could go to, where the better part of you could live, you would go, wouldn’t you?
Recently discharged from hospital and holidaying with her father, husband, and brother at their isolated beach house, Karin’s world begins once more to twist. Locked away by her husband and ignored by her remaining family, the voices in her head offer her a freedom she has only dreamt of before…
Adapted from the Oscar winning film of the same name, Through a Glass Darkly is an intense and beautiful exploration of mental illness and female autonomy.
… by seeing ourselves through others, that’s how we make reality.
Dates and times
- Thursday 11 July 2019 7:30pm - opening night
- Friday 12 July 2019 7:30pm
- Saturday 13 July 2019 7:30pm - final performance
Limited after hours parking is available in the University grounds (ticket machine).