188 Entrepreneur Visa
ThincLab is powered by the Adelaide Business School and is the University’s flagship business incubator.
ThincLab works with an extensive network of partners to help entrepreneurs launch and grow innovative companies that are building South Australia’s future. It has five locations:
188 Entrepreneur (188E) stream of the Business Innovation and Investment Program (BIIP)
* ThincLab is not currently accepting applications for endorsement of the 188E visa. Applications will open again in the 2023-2024 financial year. An update as to when applications will open will be provided in July 2023.
ThincLab is an approved Service Provider for purposes of the 188E visa and welcomes enquiries from entrepreneurs who would like to be a part of the dynamic community at ThincLab to develop an innovative business.
ThincLab inclusions for 188E participants
- Access to permanent desk space in ThincLab Adelaide or ThincLab Waite
- Access to ThincStart, ThincScale or ThincGrowth program
- One to one meetings with ThincLab Experts
- ThincLab ‘Buddy’ to assist with settling into ThincLab and building a network
- Access to ThincLab Financial, Legal, and IP clinics
- Invitations to ThincLab Masterclasses and events
- Facilitated introductions to investor networks if deemed appropriate.
- Access to wifi, printing, boardrooms and meeting rooms, kitchen facilities including high-quality coffee and tea making facilities.
ThincLab is seeking to endorse applicants who have:
- A proven entrepreneurial track record
- A well-researched business concept that has the growth potential in Australia
- A commitment to engage with the entrepreneurial community at ThincLab and participate in ThincLab’s programs.
ThincLab is particularly interested in applicants with business concepts in the following sectors:
- AI and Deep Tech
- Health and medical