188 Entrepreneur Visa
ThincLab is powered by the Adelaide Business School and is the University’s flagship business incubator.
ThincLab works with an extensive network of partners to help entrepreneurs launch and grow innovative companies that are building South Australia’s future. It has five locations:
188 Entrepreneur (188E) stream of the Business Innovation and Investment Program (BIIP)
ThincLab is an approved Service Provider for purposes of the 188E visa and welcomes enquiries from entrepreneurs who would like to be a part of the dynamic community at ThincLab to develop an innovative business.
ThincLab inclusions for 188E participants
- Access to permanent desk space in ThincLab Adelaide or ThincLab Waite
- Access to ThincStart, ThincScale or ThincGrowth program
- One to one meetings with ThincLab Experts
- ThincLab ‘Buddy’ to assist with settling into ThincLab and building a network
- Access to ThincLab Financial, Legal, and IP clinics
- Invitations to ThincLab Masterclasses and events
- Facilitated introductions to investor networks if deemed appropriate.
- Access to wifi, printing, boardrooms and meeting rooms, kitchen facilities including high-quality coffee and tea making facilities.
ThincLab is seeking to endorse applicants who have:
- A proven entrepreneurial track record
- A well-researched business concept that has the growth potential in Australia
- A commitment to engage with the entrepreneurial community at ThincLab and participate in ThincLab’s programs.
ThincLab is particularly interested in applicants with business concepts in the following sectors:
- AI and Deep Tech
- Health and medical
Thinclab engages with a number of experts in a range of fields, who provide structured support to those founders looking to scale their business in South Australia.
Below are our key experts currently working closely with our companies:
Joel Abraham along with his brother, has successfully grown his family business, the Australian Institute of Business to become the largest MBA provider in Australia and one of the largest private higher education institutions in Australia. Highlights include:
- Increased revenues by more than 50X with a significant EBITDA levels
- produced more than 10,000 MBA graduates
- developed and implemented an industry leading customer acquisition model and value proposition
- build a highly successful transnational operations with distribution across Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Americas.
- employ 275 full-time staff in Adelaide with several hundred contractors
Joel has a Bachelor of Commerce and the International Certificate in Corporate Finance from Columbia University (NY, USA).
David is a serial entrepreneur and super dad who spends more time volunteering than working on his businesses and more time with his kids than he does volunteering. He is known for his explorations in behavioural economics and applied evolutionary psychology with a particular interest in habit systems and organic growth of communities.
David is part of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization and is ThincLab’s Entrepreneur Facilitator and delivers our ThincStart and ThincScale programs.
Geoff Kwitko is digital marketing consultant with 17 years of proven success. First Geoff founded and sold 3 of his own technology companies by the age of 25. Next he grew and helped grow & sell another 3 client companies as a consultant. Then he advised and trained over 250 Adelaide companies in digital marketing. Geoff specializes in marketing strategy, social media, online advertising, SEO, web design, video, lead generation, CRM, email & marketing funnels.
Sanja is an award winning public speaking coach and mentor based in Adelaide. She has worked with TEDx speakers, startup founders, diplomats and global thought leaders to develop their stage and screen confidence in presentation skills. Whether it be a pitch for funding, keynote speech or media call, Sanja can help craft the talk, handle the public speaking fear and nail the presentation with confidence.
As a technology and business strategist, Michael focuses on the commercialization and adoption of AgTech and technologies which enable a sustainable environment.
Throughout his career as an entrepreneur and consultant, he have built businesses and delivered projects across a broad range of industries, with a common theme of utilizing technology to drive efficiency and growth.
In recent years he has moved from operating his own businesses, to be an advisor and mentor of founders and innovators. Michael is deeply deeply involved in the development of the AgTech and South Australian Startup Eco-systems, through his roles as AgTech Lead at BDO Australia, Lead mentor at SproutX and AgTech expert at ThincLab.