The Australian eChallenge is a 12 week new venture accelerator that has been supporting entrepreneurs across all industries since 2001.
The annual event began as a business planning competition for students, but has now grown into an international accelerator program open to anyone with a desire to develop a novel and practical business idea.
Since its inception, the eChallenge has assisted over 4000 participants in 803 start-ups with total cash and prizes worth more than $1.6 million.
Now with more than 15 themes there’s a focus for nearly every sector, including agrifood, medtech, technology, wool and social enterprises.
- Teams of 2-6 compete for cash and prizes that support the development of their venture
- 12 specialised workshops guide teams through the process of developing a successful venture: from opportunity assessment through to marketing, finance, intellectual property, developing the business plan and pitching to potential investors.
- Work with a dedicated business mentor
- Pitch to a panel of industry and academic judges
- Connect with other likeminded entrepreneurs and innovators
- Choose to receive academic recognition for your work resulting in undergraduate or postgraduate qualifications
Teams have the opportunity to exhibit their business concept at the Venture Showcase
eChallenge 2016 Venture Showcase
Prize winners are announced at a black-tie dinner.
Awards Ceremony 2016
Competitors of all ages and locations are encouraged to participate – whether you’re based in Adelaide metro, the Riverland and surrounding regions, even from France!
Beginning each year in July, you can find out more online.