Graduating and unsure of exactly what to do in 2019? Let us help you develop your idea into a business opportunity while you enjoy the cultural experience of France!
Open to all graduates!
The experience and opportunity
During this 12-week Entrepreneurship experience, you will work with our mentors to develop a business idea and determine if it will fly! The intention of this program is to immerse you in ‘all things entrepreneurship’ whilst equally enjoying all benefits of the Champagne region – ooo la la!
This entrepreneurship program delivered by the University of Adelaide’s ThincLab in Châlons-enChampagne, France, aims to develop your knowledge, understanding and application of skills in developing a business idea to equip you to start your own business in the future should you decide to do so (in Australia or abroad).
Additionally, this experience offers you the opportunity to immerse into the French culture with a range of activities to choose from including French patisserie and chocolate making, culinary experiences, champagne tasting and learning about champagne, and other typical French cultural excursions. You may also have the opportunity to be involved in the Foire-Exposition, a large trade fair held in the first week of September annually with a focus on agriculture and food.
What can you expect?
The entrepreneurship experience program is in English includes the following:
- A two-week intensive entrepreneurial course run by the University of Adelaide out of their business incubator in France, ThincLab Châlons. Upon successful completion, you have the option of being granted credit towards the University of Adelaide’s Master of Applied Innovation and Entrepreneurship;
- 12 weeks in the University’s ThincLab Châlons business incubator with mentoring and coaching to help you develop a business idea (with the opportunity to extend for longer);
- Visits to local businesses;
- Visits to champagne houses, patisseries, and chocolatiers to learn about their trade, and an opportunity to try your hand in some age-old French traditions!; and
- The opportunity to form collaborations with other graduates and start-up businesses in the region and University of Adelaide’s incubator network.
What do you need to qualify?
An undergraduate degree in any discipline, heaps of enthusiasm, and the curiosity to immerse in another culture!
There are a number of intakes throughout 2019, including January, April, July, and October 2019. Please enquire now to secure your place in your preferred intake.
The costs of this program is AUD$6,000. You will also need to pay for your travel to France, your accommodation and living expenses. The University can recommend some reasonably priced accommodation which ranges from starts from approx. AUD $380per week.
Please note that the cost of living in Châlons-en-Champagne is less than in Paris.
To submit an expression of interest, please email a CV to Eloise.Leaver@adelaide.edu.au and a brief covering email (no more than 300 words) outlining why you are interested in this opportunity and what you believe you will gain from it. If you already know the type of business idea you would like to develop, let us know that too! Or, we will help you develop one.