Listed below are selected links to useful web resources for further information on vaccines, vaccination and vaccine-preventable diseases, both Australian and world-wide.
- National Immunisation Program Schedule : view the current immunisation schedule for Australia.
- No Jab No Pay : for the latest information on the No Jab No Pay policy.
- Immunise Australia : a useful brochure for understanding childhood immunisation.
- Mapping Australia: Immunisation rates for children : to view the childhood immunisation rates in your suburb or state for 2014-15.
- Department of Health : for more information on Australian vaccination programs, vaccination registers, please refer to the Immunise Australia Diseases and Program .
- National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance : for independent expert advice to Australian health professionals and consumers on all aspects of vaccine-preventable diseases, as well as issues relating to immunisation to inform policy and planning for immunisation services in Australia.
- Chain of Protection : a great collection of videos to get a sense of perspective on how far we have come in the eradication of infectious disease thanks to vaccination campaigns. Takes us back to the day when children who were paralysed by polio had to live inside an iron lung.
- Australian Childhood Immunisation Register : did you know you can access this register to check what vaccinations your child(ren)'s has/have received so far?
- Immunisation Calculator : for Australian parents and guardians of children who want to quickly find out which vaccinations are due for their child(ren). Instructions for using the calculator: Enter a name, date of birth and state and go to step 2, then go straight to step 3.
- Therapeutic Goods Association (TGA) : every country has a regulatory body which approves the use of drugs (including vaccines), as well as devices and food in that country, and ensure that products continue to be safe. In Australia, this is the TGA. Learn how vaccines are licensed in Australia and how adverse events are reported.
- World Health Organization (WHO) : an organisation who oversees the development of new vaccines worldwide and publishes the list of vaccines in development. Learn more about which new vaccines are being developed around the world.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention : an extensive source of information with FAQs on many aspects of vaccination and vaccine-preventable disease .
- Infectious Diseases Society of America : for more information on vaccination and immunisation for both consumers and health professionals.
- NHS Choices : for more information on vaccines and vaccination for consumers.