Each year, University Collections present an active program of public events, engaging the broader community with a wide range of the arts and other cultural aspects of university life. Through this work we promote university values and enhance the university experience for students, staff and the interested public.
University Collections events are free, unless otherwise indicated.
2018 Cultural Program
2018 program of events
Program coming soon....
- Cultural Oration - Finding the next wave: Innovation and its Discontents with Greg Mackie OAM, Chief Executive Officer, History Trust of South Australia.
You can listen to a recording of the Cultural Oration given by Greg on Thursday 13 July 2017.
- Cultural Oration - Plants & Civilisation: Past, Present and Future by Professor Bob Hill, Executive Dean, Faculty of Sciences and Director, Environment Institute, the Unviersity of Adelaide.
You can listen to a recording of the Scientific Oration given by Professor Hill on Thursday 10 August 2017.
- Cultural Conversation - Windows into other worlds with Jennifer Osborn, Research Librarian, Barr Smith Library, the University of Adelaide; In Conversation with writers Rebekah Clarkson and Lynette Washington.
You can listen to a recording of the Cultural Conversation with Jennifer, Rebekah and Lynette on Thursday 7th September 2017.
- Cultural Illuminations: small, focused exhibitions relating the essence of the University - learning, research, innovation - through the arts. This program creates pathways for local, national and international artists to connect with the university.
- Cultural Conversations: informal forums for art and culture to meet science, technology and other academic research areas. The Conversations have been a major mechanism for linking diverse disciplines within the university as well as hosting national and international speakers.
- Cultural and Scientific Orations: a platform for leading scholars to present a lecture on their area of research.
- Cultural Celebrations: special events acknowledging significant occasions in the life of the university community.
- Cultural Tours: guided tours by University Collections volunteers highlighting special features of the university - artworks, collections, buildings and other items of interest.
- Cultural Musings: collaborations with industry partners through the presentation of panel discussions, tours, lectures or symposia addressing common concerns and interests.
If you are interested in contributing to our program, wish to be informed about events or would like to attend a cultural tour, please contact us via email.
Program & event archive
For past University Collections cultural programs and events, please see our event archive.