A message to our valued clients regarding Coronavirus
During this difficult time as Australia faces unprecedented disruption from the coronavirus pandemic we would like to assure you that we are currently continuing to offer all essential veterinary services including our emergency services all hours, 7 days per week.
UPDATED: 24 March 2020
As a precautionary measure to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health of our staff and clients we have implemented some new policies and procedures and we seek your cooperation and understanding to ensure we can continue to offer uninterrupted services for all animal owners throughout the community.
Before bringing your pet to the clinic or requesting a field call, please consider the following questions:
- Have you or anyone in your household exhibited flu like symptoms including runny nose, fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath in the last 14 days?
- Have you returned from overseas or interstate in the last 14 days and are currently under mandatory self-isolation quarantine?
- Have you been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
“If you answered YES to any of these questions, please PHONE the clinic for advice so that we can assess your pets situation. To assist us to treat your pet safely we may ask that you:
- Ask someone else to bring your pet or animal to the clinic or be present at your field call. (Field calls available for Equine and Production Animals only).
- Reschedule your appointment to a later date if your pet or animal is does not require immediate emergency treatment.
- Or, if you need to attend the clinic with your pet, phone us on arrival and we can make arrangements to minimise contact with clients and staff.
When visiting the clinics please:
- Restrict the number of people accompanying your animal to a maximum of 2.
- Avoid close contact with other people while at the clinic – where possible stay at least 1.5 meters from staff and other clients.
- Practice good hand and cough hygiene at all times. Use the hand sanitisers provided throughout the clinics.
What we are doing to protect you
- Hand sanitisers are located throughout the clinics for proactive use.
- All floors are regularly mopped with heavy duty disinfectant
- All surfaces including benchtops, door handles, chairs, reception counter and EFTPOS machines are regularly disinfected throughout the day.
- Staff thoroughly wash hands between each appointment.
- Exam rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each appointment.
- Our team has been advised to refrain from coming to work if unwell.
- Our staff will enquire with all clients about recent overseas travel and health status prior to confirming an appointment – please do not be offended.