Follow the instructions below to restrict user access to your selected website content.
Login to webdev on the site you would like to add access restrictions to. Navigate to the particular page you would like to restrict access to. If you would like to add access restrictions to the entire site, then do this on the homepage.
Once logged in, at the bottom of the page click on the link titled access.
A form page will then be displayed with the link Edit Access - allowing you to specify who should be given access to the site. The options are as follows:
- Anyone: no access restrictions on the folder
- Staff: people considered staff or visitors of the University of Adelaide for the purposes of LDAP authentication can access the folder. This may include contractors and visiting academics.
- All Students: only students of the University of Adelaide can access the folder
- Postgraduate Research Students: only postgraduate research students can access the folder
- University of Adelaide: any person with an entry in the University of Adelaide LDAP can access the folder (this includes staff, students, external, etc.)
- User list: a specified list of LDAP user IDs can access the folder
- Department list: people who are members of a specified list of HR department numbers can access this folder. Your department number is presented by the dialog.
- Esoteric credentials: anyone who knows the password set for the site can access the site. You have the option of setting a username, or leaving it blank. Please see the information below for details on setting up esoteric credentials.
Click the check box for the types of access you want set. If you select more than one, then anyone who meets any of the given criteria will be allowed in.
To set the access, click Save Changes.
NOTE: Before the access restriction will take effect, you must upload the relevant folder to the live site. You can do this by going to Site Files in WebAccess, finding the relevant folder and checking the box next to the name and clicking Upload Selected.
It is mandatory that when you set up esoteric credentials that you also tick the "User List" option and add anyone's LDAP user ID that maintains the website and/or needs to edit the contents of this page. If you do not do this, you will in turn, restrict your own access to edit this page as it creates a loop.