Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Access Scheme
This initiative of Federal Government policy is designed to provide access to higher education for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people if they do not otherwise qualify for university entrance.
All applicants to the University Preparatory Program, CASM Foundation programs or a University of Adelaide undergraduate degree program must be at least 17 years of age prior to the start of the semester in which they wish to enrol.
Applicants are assessed by Wirltu Yarlu in conjunction with a staff member from the Faculty/School to which they are applying, and are selected on the basis of their:
- written application
- student support assessment
- literacy and numeracy assessment
- selection interview
- students wanting to study at CASM must also undertake a musical audition.
- Access Scheme Application Dates
Semester 1, 2018
- December round cut-off: 31st October 2017*
- January round cut-off: 22nd January 2018*
* These rounds do not include Medicine, Dentistry & Oral Health programs
Semester 2, 2018
- 21st May 2018 (Interstate and country applicants)
- 15th June 2018 (Adelaide and metropolitan applicants)
Note: Not all programs do mid-year selection, please contact us for information.
- Application Enquiry
For further details on entry requirements contact Wirltu Yarlu:
- Telephone: (08) 8313 3623
- Facsimile: (08) 8313 4396
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freecall for country and interstate callers:
- phone 1800 651 763 or fax 1800 359 573
- Confirmation of Aboriginality
Access to the University of Adelaide under the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Access Scheme is exclusively for people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander origins.
Wirltu Yarlu therefore ask that applicants provide confirmation of their origins by completing a "Declaration of Descent" Form and having it endorsed by an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community organisation.
An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is someone who:
- is of Aboriginal and/or Islander descent
- identifies as Aboriginal or Islander; and
- is accepted as such by the community in which he or she lives or has lived.