The Writing Centre aims to help all students, no matter their skill level, in their development as writers through in person, one-on-one consultations.
We support all students through any and all stages of their writing process, from initial idea to final revision, and everything in between.
2021 Writing Centre appointments
The Writing Centre offers both online and face-to-face appointments (located at Level 3 of Hub Central).
The Writing Centre is OPEN Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm during teaching weeks.
Before making a booking, please review the information below:
- Students may only make one booking per day, twice per week.
- Appointments open 96 hours (4 days) in advance. Cancellations do sometimes occur: so, if you cannot see an open appointment available, check back during the day. And try again the next day too!
- If you can no longer attend your appointment, you MUST cancel it at least 2 hours beforehand so that the appointment is available to another student.
- Learning advisors will not provide consultations on exam assessment tasks during online exams.
- For face-to-face bookings, a mask should be worn unless otherwise guided (see university guidelines for up-to-date details).
- Writing Centre appointments are for undergraduate students and postgraduate coursework students only. If you are a HDR student, please seek support from the Adelaide Graduate Centre.
For international students who are not in South Australia, remote online appointments with TESOL-trained learning advisors are also available.
Note: New appointments will become available each day, so check back in if the system appears 'booked out' for the month.
Level 3 East of Hub Central
SEMESTER 2 2021
OPEN for online appointments and face-to-face appointments on-campus
10:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday (Adelaide Time) during teaching weeks.