The University of Adelaide Writing Centre helps all students, no matter their skill level, in their development as academic writers through in person, one-on-one consultations and online writing resources. Students are mentored through any stage of their writing process, from initial idea to final revision, and everything in between.
Booking an appointment
- 30-minute one-on-one mentoring appointments are available Monday to Friday between 10.00am and 4.00pm and are held both face-to-face in the Writing Centre AND online via zoom.
- You may make one booking per day and a maximum of two bookings per week across both services.
- All appointments are made online.
- If there are no appointments, please check back in later during the day or in the evening - new appointments will become available.
- If you cannot make your appointment, you MUST cancel so another student can take the timeslot.
- These appointments are made in the Writing Centre on Level 3 East, Hub Central. Please wait at the Enquiry desk at your booking time and a learning advisor will meet you there.
- These appointments are held via zoom and you will be emailed a link after you have booked (please check that you have entered the correct email address!)
- After your appointment is confirmed, please forward your draft to email@example.com with your Student ID, Name, Appointment Date and Time in the subject line. Please note we only accept one draft.
- To undertake your virtual one on one appointment you will need to have access to Zoom and preferably a headset with microphone.
- 5 minutes before your appointment time, enter your virtual appointment via your Calendar booking and click on the Zoom hyperlink in the location field.
- Test your audio and microphone level prior to appointment.
- Have the draft open and ready to go before the virtual session starts.
Develop your skills
- Your Learning Advisor will spend up to 30 minutes with you, helping you to gain the skills and confidence to improve your writing.