|The University of Adelaide||Home | Faculties & Divisions | Search|
|Faculties & Divisions | People A to Z | Media Expertise | Phonebook||
|Public browsing [Login]|
Mr Ernest Swierczek
To link to this page, please use the following URL:
Ernest Swierczek is a PhD candidate at the Australian School of Petroleum (ASP), University of Adelaide. Ernest obtained a Master of Petroleum Geology degree from the AGH University of Science and Technology, in Krakow, in 2006, where he studied the petroleum prospectivity of the Skole Nappe in the Polish Eastern Carpathian Foredeep Basin. Before he started his research project at the ASP, Ernest worked as project geologist for Archimedes Consulting in Adelaide (2007–2010). Ernest’s PhD research interests are in seismic interpretation, 3D structural modelling of inversion structures, fault mechanics, and petroleum geomechanics.
Member: AAPG, ASEG, PESA, AGU and EAGE.
Awards & Achievements
Australian Postgraduate Scholarship
2013 PESA SA "Best Paper" Award
• Swierczek E., Backe G., Holford S., Tenthorey E. and Mitchell A. "3D seismic analysis of complex faulting patterns above the Snapper Field, Gippsland Basin: implications for CO2 storage" Australian Journal of Earth Science, 2015, 62
• Swierczek E., Zhen-Dong C., Holford S., Backe G., King R. and Mitchell A. "Quantifying fault reactivation risk in the western Gippsland Basin using geomechanical modelling" The APPEA Journal May 2013, 53, 255-272
• Backe, G., Swierczek, E., MacDonald, J., Bailey, A., Tassone, D., Aabul Khair, H., Holford, S.P. & King, R. 2012. Seismic attributes and structural interpretation - it takes two to tango..... The APPEA Journal, 52, 437-454.
• King R., Holford S., Hillis R., Tuitt A., Swierczek E., Backe G., Tassone D. and Tingay M. "Reassessing the in-situ stress regime of Australia's petroleum basins" The APPEA Journal, 52, 2012, 415-426
• Swierczek E., Backe G., Holford, S.P. and Mitchell A. "3D seismic analysis of the geometrics of the Rosedale Fault System, Western Gippsland Basin, Victoria" Extended abstract, The APPEA Journal, 52, 2012
Copyright © 2013 The University of Adelaide
Last Modified 26/07/2013 Marketing & Communications
CRICOS Provider Number 00123M