|The University of Adelaide||Home | Faculties & Divisions | Search|
|Faculties & Divisions | People A to Z | Media Expertise | Phonebook||
|Public browsing [Login]|
Professor Graeme Hugo
To link to this page, please use the following URL:
Graeme Hugo is an ARC Australian Professorial Fellow, Professor of Geography and Director of the Australian Population and Migration Research Centre at the University of Adelaide. He is the author of over four hundred books, articles in scholarly journals and chapters in books, as well as a large number of conference papers and reports. He held an ARC Federation Fellowship between 2002 and 2007 and has held a number of positions with Federal Government Agencies and Committees. He is currently on the Australian Statistical Advisory Committee. He was appointed Deputy Chair of the Aged Care Financing Authority and a member of the National Sustainability Council in 2012.
In 2012 he was named an Officer of the Order of Australia (AO) for distinguished service to population research, particularly the study of international migration, population geography and mobility, and through leadership roles with national and international organisations.
1. Hugo, G.J. (ed.), 2013. Migration and Climate Change, Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, UK.
2. Hugo, G.J., 2013. Migration Between the Asia-Pacific and Australia: A Development Perspective, in J. Cortina and E. Ochoa-Reza (eds.), New Perspectives on International Migration and Development, Columbia University Press: New York, pp. 229-275.
3. Hugo, G.J., 2013. Refugee-Humanitarian Settlers in Australia: A Distinctive Economic Contribution, International Migration, published online 25 April, doi: 10.1111/imig.12092
4. Hugo, G.J., 2009. Care Worker Migration, Australia and Development, Population, Space and Place, 15, 2, pp. 189-203.
5. Hugo, G.J. 2009. Best Practice in Temporary Labour Migration for Development: A Perspective from Asia and the Pacific, International Migration, 47, 5, pp. 23-74.
6. Hugo, G.J and Young, S. (eds.), 2008. Labour Mobility in the Asia-Pacific Region, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, Singapore.
7. Hugo, G.J., 2008. In and Out of Australia: Rethinking Indian and Chinese Skilled Migration to Australia, Asian Population Studies, 3, 4, pp.267-291.
8. Khoo, S., Hugo, G., McDonald, P., 2008. Which Skilled Temporary Migrants Become Permanent Residents and Why?, International Migration Review, Vol. 42, No. 1, pp. 193-226.
9. Hugo, G.J., Champion, A.J., Lattes, A., 2003. Towards a New Conceptualization of Settlement for Demography Beyond the Urban/Rural Dichotomy, Population Development Review, 29, 1, pp. 277-297.
10. Massey, D.M., Arango, J., Hugo, G., Kouaouci, A. and Taylor, J.E., 1998. Worlds in Motion: Understanding International Migration at the End of the Millennium, Clarendon Press, Oxford. Reprinted: 2005).
A listing of G Hugo works from The University of Adelaide Library can be found here.
Expertise for Media Contact
Copyright © 2013 The University of Adelaide
Last Modified 26/07/2013 Marketing & Communications
CRICOS Provider Number 00123M