Associate Professor Louise Hull
|Org Unit||Paediatrics and Reproductive Health|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 4694|
|Location||Floor/Room WS6071.07 , Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences Building , North Terrace|
- Senior Lecturer - Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health.
- Fertility Consultant and Medical Advisory Board Member- Fertility SA.
- Research Program Leader, Endometriosis Research Group.
- Member of the Research Committee , Research Centre for Reproductive Health, a constituent research centre of the Robinson Institute.
Endometriosis Research Group
Dr Louise Hull B Sc, MB, ChB, FRANZCOG, PhD, CREI, Senior Lecturer
Jonathan McGuane PhD: NHMRC Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Postdoc
Wang Zhao PhD: Postdoc
Mohammad Zahied Johan: PhD Student.
- 2012 Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- 2006 Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (FRANZCOG).
- 2005 Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), University of Cambridge. Title: An in vivo model of endometriosis.
- 2000 Diploma of Fertility and Family Planning, Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, UK.
- 1999 Member of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (MRANZCOG).
- 1995 Masters Paper in Molecular Genetics and Statistical and Research Methods, Lincoln University, NZ.
- 1993 Diploma of Obstetrics, University of Auckland, NZ.
- 1991 Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MB, ChB), Christchurch School of Medicine, University of Otago, NZ.
- 1986 Bachelor of Science (BSc) (Biochemistry and Microbiology), University of Otago, NZ.
- Member of Faculty of 1000 (2013)
- Invited International Ambassador for the World Endometriosis Society (2012)
- Award for Derek Frewin AO Citation for Clinical Teaching (2012)
- Award for Most Outstanding Paper (Basic Research) from the Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Adelaide (2009)
- Award for Most Outstanding Paper (Basic Research) from the Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Adelaide (2008)
- Award for Best Scientific Paper, 10th World Congress of Endometriosis (2008)
- Burrough's Wellcome Travel Fellowship for Best Abstract, Society for Gynaecological Investigation (2004).
- Finalist Best Presentation Award, 17th World Congress on Fertility and Sterility(2000).
- Reproductive Endocronology & Infertility
- General gynacology - to Medical Students
- Reproductive Biology
Endometriosis is a condition where the lining of the womb grows at sites in the pelvis causing period pain and subfertility for 6-10% of reproductive aged women. Sufferers of endometriosis require surgery to obtain a diagnosis and then often require repetitive and chronic treatment for this condition. The aim of the research group is to improve the understanding of the pathophysiology of endometriosis in order to develop better diagnostic and therapeutic tools for this condition. To explore endometriosis further the research team utilises several in vivo models plus sophisticated molecular and cellular laboratory techniques.
- CM Becker, MR Laufer, P Stratton, L Hummelshoj, SA Missmer, KT Zondervan, GD Adamson for the WERF EPHect Working Group, World Endometriosis Research Foundation Endometriosis Phenome and Biobanking Harmonisation Project: I. Surgical phenotype data collection in endometriosis research, Fertil & Steril, 2014(11); 102(5): 1213-1222
- AF Vitonis, K Vincent, N Rahmioglu, A Fassbender, GM Buck Louis, L Hummelshoj, LC Giudice, P Stratton, D Adamson, CM Becker, KT Zondervan, SA Missmer for the WERF EPHect Working Group, World Endometriosis Research Foundation Endometriosis Phenome and biobanking hamronization project: II. Clinical and covariate phenotype data collection in endometriosis research, Fertil & Steril, 2014(11); 102(5): 1223-1232
- N Rahmioglu, A Fassbender, AF Vitonis, SS Tworoger, L Hummelshoj, TM D'Hooghe, GD Adamson, LC Giudice, CM Becker, KT Zondervan, SA Missmer and WERF EPHect Working Group, World Endometriosis Research Foundation Endometriosis Phenome and Biobanking Harmonization Project: III. Fluid biospecimen collection, processing, and storage in endometriosis research, Fertil & Steril, 2014(11); 102(5): 1233-1243
- A Fassbender, N Rahmioglu, AF Vitonis, P Vigano, LC Giudice, TM D'Hooghe, L Hummelshoj, GD Adamson, CM Becker, SA Missmer, KT Zondervan for the WERF EPHect Working Group, World Endometriosis Research Foundation Endometriosis Phenome and Biobanking Harmonisation Project: IV. Tissue collection, processing and storage in endometriosis research, Fertil & Steril, 2014(11); 102(5): 1244-1253
- M L Hull and V Nisenblat, Tissue and circulating microRNAs influence reproductive function in endometrial disease, RBMonline 2013, Epub (IF=2.675) doi:10.1016/j.rbmo.2013.07.012
- V Nisenblat, C Farquhar, A Akoum, IS Fraser, PMM Bossuyt, ML Hull. Non-invasive tests for the diagnosis of endometriosis The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2012; 2012(1):CD009591.
- Nakamura, H, Jasper, MJ, Hull, ML., Aplin, J D, Robertson, SA. Macrophages regulate expression of α1, 2 fucosyltransferase genes in human endometrial epithelial cells through LIF signalling. Mol Hum Reprod 2012, 18, 4, 204- 215. IF= 3.506 (CI=5)
- ML Hull, MZ Johan, WH Hodge, SA Robertson, WV Ingman. Host-derived TGFB1 deficiency suppresses lesion development in a mouse model of endometriosis. Am J Path 2012, 180, 3, 880-887. IF=5.224 (CI= 2 )
- Z Zhao, L.Croft, DR Nyholt, B Chapman, SA Treloar, ML Hull, GW Montgomery. Evaluation of polymorphisms in predicted target sites for micro-RNAs differentially expressed in endometriosis. Mol Hum Reprod, 2011, 17(2), 92-103 IF= 3.506 (CI=9)
- EM Ohlsson Teague, CG Print, ML Hull. The role of microRNAs in endometriosis and associated reproductive conditions. Hum Reprod Update 2010 , 16(2):142-65 IF =7.590 (CI=26)
- ML Hull, D Nemeth, WM Hague, C Wilkinson, J Liebelt, M Lane, D Feil. Mitochondrial fatty acid transport enzyme deficiency - implications for IVF. Fertil Steril 2009, 91(6) 2732, 11-14. IF= 4.167. (CI=1)
- EMC Ohlsson Teague, KH Van der Hoek, MB Van der Hoek, N Perry, P Wagaarachichi, SA Robertson, CG Print, ML Hull. MicroRNA-regulated pathways associated with endometriosis. Mol Endocrinol, 2009, 23(2): 265-275. IF =5.337 (CI=73).
- ML Hull, C Range- Escareno, JM Godsland, JR Doig, C. M. Johnson, SC Phillips, SK Smith , S Tavaré, CG Print, DS Charnock-Jones. Endometrial-peritoneal interactions during endometriotic lesion establishment. Am J Path 2008, 173 (3): 700-715 IF = 5.487 (CI=29).
- ML Hull, M.L., M.T.Gun, M.T., M. Ritossa. Hook-wire insertion facilitates the excision of scar endometriosis. BJOG. 2006 113: 774-776. IF= 2.36 (CI=1).
- M.L. Hull and D.S. Charnock-Jones Is the dose to inhibit the COX-2 enzyme in nude mice also adequate in human endometrial tissues? Human Reprod 2005 20 (9): 2665-2666. IF = 3.365 (CI=2)
- ML Hull, A. Prentice, DY Wang, SK Smith, DS Charnock-Jones. COX-2 inhibiton does not reduce lesion size or number in a nude mouse model of endometriosis. Hum Reprod 2005, 20 (2): 350-358. IF = 3.365 (CI=36)
- ML Hull, DS Charnock-Jones, CLK Chan, KL Bruner-Tran, KG Osteen, BDM Tom, TPD Fan, SK Smith. Anti-angiogenic agents are effective inhibitors of endometriosis. JCEM 2003, 88 (6):2889-2997. IF = 5.873 (CI =147)
- JM Borthwick, DS Charnock-Jones, BD Tom, ML Hull, R Tierney, SC Phillips, SK Smith. Determination of the transcript profile of human endometrium. Mol. Hum. Reprod. 2003, 9 (1): 19-33. IF = 3.067 (CI=177)
- WJ Inder, TC Prickett, MJ Ellis, MLHull, RA Reid, PS Benny, JA Livesey, RA Donald. The utility of plasma CRH as a predictor of preterm delivery. JCEM 2000, 86 (12):5706-5710. IF =5.447 (CI=32)
- ML Hull, JJ Evans, JS Livesey, PS Benny. The effect of recombinant follicle stimulating hormone (Gonal-F) on endogenous luteinising hormone secretion in women. Hum. Reprod. 1998, 13: 1139-1143. IF = 3.003 (CI=5)
- ML Hull, RA Reid, JJ Evans, PS Benny, DR Aitkin. Pre-ovulatory administration of oxytocin promotes the onset of the luteinising hormone surge in human females. Hum. Reprod. 1995, 10: 2266-2269. IF = 3.003 (CI=21)
- Faculty of 1000
- Invited International Ambassador for the World Endometriosis Society
- World Endometriosis Society
- Fertility Society of Australia
- The American Society of Reprodutive Medicine
- Society for Reproductive Biology
- Australian Gynaecological Endoscopic Society
- Convener of education program for Fertility SA
- 2013: Channel 10, Shortage of donor sperm
- 2013: The Advertiser, The first Embryogen baby in Australia
- 2013 The Advertiser: The use of posthumous sperm.
- 2012: Media course, FertilitySA
- 2012; ABCbreakfast radio; tests of ovarian reserve
- 2012: Channel 9 News: Polycystic Ovarian syndrome
- 2011: Sydney Morning Herald ‘Embryogen in IVF'
- 2011: ABC Radio Riverland ‘Sex selection'
- 2011 Radio Fresh "The use of posthumous sperm"
- 2011: ABC news radio interview on "Factors that affect twins in IVF'
- 2010: Channel 7 TV news story on ‘Improving diagnosis in endometriosis'
- 2010: ABC news radio interview on ‘The role of AMH in assessing ovarian reserve'
- 2010: Sunday mail newspaper article on ‘The first babies born at FertilitySA'
- 2005: Channel 7 TV News Story on ‘Anti-angiogenic agents in endometriosis'
- 2004: Managing the media course, University of Cambridge, UK
- 2003: Media Release by the University of Cambridge and Reuters Health, Radio Interview on the breakfast show with STAR FM, Television interview on Look East, Newspaper article in the Cambridge Evening News and Article online in Lead Discovery
To link to this page, please use the following URL: http://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/louise.hull