Mr Lyndon Palmer
Lyndon Palmer did his science degree at Adelaide University and has since worked in a variety of areas.
1. As a research assistant in the Organic Chemistry Department, Adelaide University for 18 months in the area of organic synthesis of
plant related hormones.
2. As an analytical chemist with the S.A. State Chemistry Laboratories where he worked for 20 years mainly in the area of trace and
heavy metals analysis in a variety of fields; including agriculture, health/biomedical, environment, forensic and food analysis.
This enabled him to gain vast experience in techniques such as flame, furnace and hydride AAS, ICPOES and ICPMS.
3. As a part-time consultant in scientific services for 1 year in the area of trace and heavy metal analysis.
4. As a quality systems auditor with NATA Certification Services International for 1 year.
5. Finally he moved to Waite Analytical Services (W.A.S.) as part of the Plant Nutrition Group, School of Agriculture and Wine,
University of Adelaide where he has worked for the past 5 years as their analytical chemist.
The position is currently funded by the work that the laboratory does for outside clients while
trying to provide a service to research students plus research within and outside the Adelaide University.
While Lyndon has been a part of W.A.S. his areas of interest and focus have been as follows:
1. Maintenance of existing equipment and improvement of systems where possible.
2. Automation and streamlining of data handling and reporting with the laboratory.
3. Development of quality assurance systems and methods of monitoring QA on an ongoing basis within the laboratory.
4. Method development within the laboratory.
5. Further development of the capabilities of the group through the evaluation and selection of new equipment â€“ ICPOES and ICPMS.
6. Installation and the bringing on-line of the ICPOES and ICPMS for the required application as required.
Entry last updated: Thursday, 20 Sep 2012
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic,
administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide.
To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone
Directory are not limited to University employees.
The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including
the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other
electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the
right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this