Dr Maria Ohlsson Teague
Research Associate, Gamete and Embryo Biology Laboratory
Editorial Board Member, Molecular Human Reproduction, Oxford Press
Awards & Achievements
Best Scientific Presentation, "microRNAs in endometriosis", 10th World Congress on Endometriosis, Melbourne, Australia, 11-14 March 2008.
Award for Most Outstanding Paper; The Most Potential to Impact Clinical Practice or Public Health 2009. Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Adelaide, Australia. M Ohlsson Teague et al, Mol Endocrinol 2009; 23(2):265-275.
Award for Most Outstanding Early Career Researcher 2008, Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia.
PRESENTATIONS AT INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL CONFERENCES
• 26th Annual Meeting, European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE), Rome, Italy, 27-30 June 2010
Title: "MicroRNAs in endometriosis - diagnostic and therapeutic potential"
Invited plenary lecture
• 11th World Congress on Endometriosis, Montpellier, France, 4-7 Sept 2011
Title: "MicroRNA regulated pathways in endometriosis"
Presentations and Conference Abstracts, International and National
• "Sperm MicroRNAs are Differentially Expressed in Obese Fathers - Novel Candidate Paternal Dietary Signals To Offspring" Ohlsson Teague EMC, Fullston T, Palmer NO, Bakos HW, Print CG, Owens JA, Lane M, Oral Presentation at 14th World Congress on Human Reproduction, 30 Nov-3 Dec 2011, Melbourne Australia.
• "Menstrual cycle variations in plasma microRNA expression profiles" Ohlsson Teague EMC, Nisenblat V, Robertson SA and Hull ML. Poster presentation at the Society for Reproductive Medicine (SRB) Annual Scientific Meeting, Adelaide, Australia 23-26 Aug 2009
• "MicroRNAs in Endometriosis", Ohlsson Teague M, Print CG, van der Hoek K, van der Hoek MB, Hull ML. Oral presentation the 10th World Congress on Endometriosis, Melbourne, Australia, 11-14 March 2008. Poster presentation at Biochemical Society: MicroRNAs and the regulation of biological function, London 8 July 2008.
• "Subcellular distribution and surface exposure of the Ro52, Ro60 and La48 autoantigens during apoptosis in relation to the pathogenesis of Sjögren´s syndrome", Ohlsson M, Jonsson R, Brokstad KA. Oral and poster presentation at The Scandinavian Society for Immunology, 33rd Annual Meeting, 24-27 April 2002, Bergen, Norway.
• "Subcellular localization of Sjögren´s Syndrome autoantigens." Ohlsson M, Jonsson R and Brokstad KA. Oral and poster presentation at: 1) B cell and autoimmunity, Satellite meeting to the 11th ICI, 20-21 July, 2001, Bergen, Norway, 2) the 11th International Congress of Immunology, 22-27 July, 2001, Stockholm, Sweden.
• "Low Incidence of Fas-Induced Apoptosis in Sjögren´s Syndrome." Ohlsson M, Bolstad AI, Johannessen AC and Jonsson R. Presented orally and by poster at 1) The Scandinavian Society for Immunology 30th Annual Meeting, August 25-29 1999, Lund, Sweden, 2) VII International Symposium on Sjögren´s syndrome, December 1-4 1999, Venice, Italy.
Co-author on Presentations and Conference Abstracts, International and National
• "Parental obesity and health of offspring: a role for the father?" Owens JA, Fullston T, Palmer N, Bakos H, Mitchell M, Ohlsson Teague M, Lane M. Australian Health and Medical Research Congress (AHMRC) 25-28 Nov 2012, Adelaide, Australia.
• "You Are What Your Father Ate-Paternal Programming of Reproductive and Metabolic Health in Offspring". Lane M, Owens JA, Ohlsson Teague EMC, Palmer NO, Bakos HW, Fullston T. Society for the Study of Reproduction (SSR) 45th Annual Meeting, 12-15 Aug 2012, Pennsylvania, USA.
• You are what your father ate - paternal programming of reproductive and metabolic health in offspring. Lane M, Owens JA, Ohlsson Teague EMC, Palmer NO, Bakos HW, Fullston T. Epigenetics 2012 4th Australian Scientific Conference, 7-9 May 2012, Adelaide, Australia.
• "Diet-induced paternal obesity in the absence of diabetes epigenetically modifies sperm and causes obesity and impaired metabolic health in subsequent generations in mice" Fullston T, Owens JA, Ohlsson Teague EMC, Palmer NO, Mitchell M, Print CG, Bakos HW, Lane M. Endocrine Society of Australia (ESA) Annual Meeting, 28-31 Aug, 2011, Perth, Australia
• "A Unique Plasma MicroRNA Expression Profile Is Identified in Women With Endometriosis"
Nisenblat V, Print CG, Evans S, Ohlsson Teague EMC, Robertson SA, Hull ML. 11th World
Congress on Endometriosis, 4-7 Sept 2011, Montpellier, France.
• "Experiences from Transfer and Development of an Antiviral Assay (AVA)". Ohlsson Teague M, Näsman Björk I. Biological Assays, Hints for Development and Validation, IBC´s 7th International Conference, 7-8th October 2003, London, UK.
• "Decreased Apoptotic Capability of B Cell Activating Factor (BAFF) Expressing Cells in Sjögren's Syndrome Salivary Glands" Szodoray P, Jellestad S, Ohlsson Teague M, Jonsson R. American College of Rheumatology (ACR/ARHP) 66th. Annual Scientific Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A. October 25-29, 2002
• "Apoptosis and Expression of CD40R and CD40L in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma." Loro LL, Vintermyhr OK, Ohlsson M , Jonsson R and Johannessen AC. Presented at the 10th International Congress of Oral Pathologist, Sept 17-21, 2000, La Antigua, Guatemala.
• "HAART causes a decline in the activation and proliferation of tonsillar CD8+ T-cells in HIV positive individuals." Dyrhol-Riise A, Ohlsson M, Voltersvik P, Olofsson J, Hellquist H and Åsjö B. 1) "Seventh European Conference on Clinical Aspects and Treatment of HIV infection", conference in Lisboa, Portugal, October 1999, and 2) ECEAR meeting, Finland, June 1999.
MicroRNAs in female and male infertility
Refereed journal articles
1. Ohlsson Teague M, Van der Hoek KH, Van der Hoek MB, Perry N, Wagaarachchi P, Robertson SA, Print CG, Hull ML. MicroRNA-Regulated Pathways Associated with Endometriosis. Mol Endocrinol, 2009; 23(2):265-275
2. Szodoray P, Jellestad S, Ohlsson Teague M and Jonsson R. Attenuated apoptosis of B cell activating factor-expressing cells in primary Sjögren´s syndrome. Lab Invest, 2003;83:357-365.
3. Ohlsson M, Loro LL, Szodoray P, Johannessen AC, Jonsson R. CD40, CD40L, Bax and bcl-2 expression in Sjögren´s syndrome salivary gland - a putative anti-apoptotic role during its effector phases. Scand J Immunol, 2002;56:561-571.
4. Ohlsson M, Jonsson R, Brokstad, KA. Subcellular Redistribution and Surface Exposure of the Ro52, Ro60 and La48 Autoantigens During Apoptosis in Human Ductal Epithelial Cells: a Possible Mechanism in the Pathogenesis of Sjogren's Syndrome. Scand J Immunol 2002;56:456-469.
5. Ohlsson M, Gordon TP, Waterman SA. Role of anti-calcium channel and anti-receptor autoantibodies in autonomic dysfunction in Sjogren's syndrome. J Neuroimmunol 2002;127:127-133.
6. Tran HB, Ohlsson M, Beroukas D, Hiscock J, Bradley J, Buyon JP, Gordon TP. Subcellular redistribution of La/SSB autoantigen during physiologic apoptosis in the fetal mouse heart and conduction system: a clue to the pathogenesis of congenital heart block. Arthritis Rheum 2002; 46:202-208.
7. Dyrhol-Riise AM, Ohlsson M, Skarstein K, Nygaard SJT, Olofsson J, Jonsson R, Åsjö B. T cell proliferation and apoptosis in HIV-1-infected lymphoid tissue: impact of highly active antiretroviral therapy. Clin Immunol 2001; 101:180-191.
8. Loro LL, Ohlsson M, Vintermyr OK, Liavaag PG, Jonsson R, Johannessen AC. Maintained CD40 and loss of polarised CD40 ligand expression in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Anticancer Res 2001;21:113-117.
9. Ohlsson M, Skarstein K, Bolstad AI, Johannessen AC, Jonsson R. Fas-induced apoptosis is a rare event in Sjögren´s syndrome. Lab Invest 2001; 81:95-105.
The light at the end of the tunel. Lab Invest 2001:81:3
1. Ohlsson Teague M, Print CG, Hull ML. The role of microRNAs in endometriosis and associated reproductive conditions. Hum Reprod Update, 2010; 16:142-65
Entry last updated: Tuesday, 30 Oct 2012