Professor Nigel Stocks
|Org Unit||General Practice|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 3462|
178 North Terrace - Terrace Towers
Prof. Stocks is Head of the Discipline of General Practice at the University of Adelaide, acting Deputy Head of the School of Population Health and Clinical Practice and holder of a Senior Principal Research PHCRED Fellowship (2007-2010) to devote more time to research. Since 2002 he has attracted $1.0 million in NHMRC project grant funding as CIA (1.3 million as a co-investigator) and over $2.9 million in small and other grants. His main research interests cover cardiovascular, respiratory and mental health with an emphasis on clinical and health services research but also examining patient health literacy and risk perception that might explain the ‘treatment gap’. He is currently supervising 8 PhD students and regular mentors academic GP registrars.
2011-2013 Si Si: The 45-49 health assessment program in Australian general practice: determinants of attendance and predictors of subsequent medical care utilization and associated cost. 2010 - 2013 David Johnson: Perceptions of Older Persons living with memory loss over time. 2010 - 2014 Dr Lawrie MacArthur: Developing Self-Efficacy – building confidence in clinical GP supervisor/trainer’s teaching in a General Practice setting. 2009-2012 Habibur Seraji: Evaluation of a community based intervention on integrated management of childhood illnesses in Bangladesh. 2009-2013 Dr Elaine Leung: COMBAT Stroke: COMmunity-Based rapid Access Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA) management. 2006-2011 Mr Liviu Opera: Home Blood Pressure Measurement: an ethical appraisal of the impact of this technology on physician-patient relationships. (submitted) 2006-2012 Ms Fiona May: An examination of nicotine replacement therapy as a secondary prevention strategy in the acute cardiac care setting: A multi-method approach. 2005-2013 Ms Jodie Avery: Mental Health and its Influence of Help Seeking Behaviour for Incontinence”.
2011-2013 Si Si: The 45-49 health assessment program in Australian general practice: determinants of attendance and predictors of subsequent medical care utilization and associated cost.
2010 - 2013 David Johnson: Perceptions of Older Persons living with memory loss over time.
2010 - 2014 Dr Lawrie MacArthur: Developing Self-Efficacy – building confidence in clinical GP supervisor/trainer’s teaching in a General Practice setting.
2009-2012 Habibur Seraji: Evaluation of a community based intervention on integrated management of childhood illnesses in Bangladesh.
2009-2013 Dr Elaine Leung: COMBAT Stroke: COMmunity-Based rapid Access Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA) management.
2006-2011 Mr Liviu Opera: Home Blood Pressure Measurement: an ethical appraisal of the impact of this technology on physician-patient relationships. (submitted)
2006-2012 Ms Fiona May: An examination of nicotine replacement therapy as a secondary prevention strategy in the acute cardiac care setting: A multi-method approach.
2005-2013 Ms Jodie Avery: Mental Health and its Influence of Help Seeking Behaviour for Incontinence”.
Gold Michael, Braunack-Mayer Annette, Buttery Jim, Stocks Nigel, Effler Paul, Macartney Kristine, Haji Ali Afzali, Hossein. Can e-Health improve post-marketing surveillance of drugs and vaccines? The Stimulated Telephone Assisted Rapid Safety Surveillance (STARSS) randomised controlled trial. NHMRC Partnership Project 1067703. 2014-2016 $431,902
Stewart S, Brown A, Thompson D, Stocks NP, Scuffham P, Eades S, Carrington M, Silwa K, Maguire G. Centre of Research Excellence to Reduce Inequality in Heart Disease. NMMRC 2012 -2017 $2,493,649
Harris M, Bauman A, Laws R, Caterson I, Campbell K, Crawford D, Stocks NP, Hayman N, Denney-Wilson E, Teng Liaw S, Lynch J. The Centre for Obesity Management and Prevention Research Excellence in Primary Health Care. APHCRI 2012-2015 $2,379,688.
Stocks N. ASPrin in Reducing Events in the Elderly (ASPREE) 2012. Monash University (part of an international trial funded by the NIH – USA) $125,000.
Crocket A, Stocks N, Malbon T. Lung Function Testing, Review and Analysis. Metropolitan Fire Service 2012 -2013 $108.391.
Stocks NP, Chilver M. The Australian Sentinel Practice Research Network (ASPREN). Department of Health and Ageing, Surveillance Section Bio-security and Disease Control Branch 2012-2013 $925,000.
Frank O, Stocks N, Aylward P. Increasing prevention, detection and treatment of osteoporosis through automated opportunistic reminders to patients, general practitioners and practice nurse RACGP Osteoporosis award 2012 $29,528.
Frank O, Stocks N, Aylward P. Feasibility, acceptability and sustainability of automated production of pre-consultation patient prevention summary and reminder sheets: pilot study. RACGP 2011 $20,000 .
Frank O, Stocks N, Pond D. What are the beliefs and attitudes of older people with impaired cognition, and of their relatives, towards the impaired person’s continuing to drive? RACGP - CONROD Research Fellowship 2011 $29,333.
Ried K, Frank O, Stocks N. Aged garlic extract for uncontrolled hypertension: A dose-response trial. Royal Adelaide Hospital New Investigator Project Grant 2011 $15,000.
Stocks NP, Chilver M. The Australian Sentinel Practice Research Network (ASPREN). Department of Health and Ageing, Surveillance Section Bio-security and Disease Control Branch 2009-2011 $1,035,467.
Stocks NP, Ryan P, Tideman P. Increasing cardiovascular risk assessment in first degree relatives of patients with premature ischemic heart disease: A randomised controlled trial. NHMRC Project Grant 565415 2009-2010 $110,650.
Pond D, Marley J, Bridges-Webb C, Howell C, Stocks N. Outcomes of best practice diagnosis and management of dementia in general practice. NHMRC Dementia Research Grants Program Round 2, 2008-2009 $792,180.
Pond D, Brodaty H, Marley J, Bridges-Webb C, Gunn J, Beilby J, Stocks N, Joyce T, Bruen W. A GP intervention to assist the primary care and management of depression for carers of people with dementia Department of Health and Ageing
Dementia Service Development Grant $101,365.
Pond D, Brodaty H, Marley J, Bridges-Webb C, Gunn J, Beilby J, Stocks N, Joyce T, Bruen W A GP intervention to assist the primary care and management of depression for carers of people with dementia Beyond blue $100,000.
Stocks N, Barton C, Tideman P, May F. An examination of the effectiveness of transdermal nicotine replacement therapy as a secondary prevention strategy in patients admitted to hospital for coronary artery bypass grafting. GlaxoSmithKline funding for product. 2007 $5,300
Seidel B, Stocks NP, Duszynski K. Development of a reliable, validated instrument to assess patient’s conceptual knowledge of cardiovascular disease (CVD) in Primary Care: The brief-CVD-knowledge-test. RACGP Cardiovascular Research Grant 2007 $25,000
Stocks NP, Seidel B. Awareness, perception and knowledge of cardiovascular disease risk and prevention among residents in the northern districts of Adelaide. Northern Communities Health Foundation Inc. 2008-2010 $60,000.
Stocks NP, Wittert G, Allan J. Primary Prevention of Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD) in first degree relatives of patients with premature heart disease. RAH Research Fund 2007 $18,127.
Sved Williams A, Stocks NP, Howell C, Wade V, Burke. Primary care mental health consultation-liaison between GP and psychiatrist: consumer and carer evaluation 2007 $64,000.
Frank O, Ried K, Stocks NP. Literature review and cost assessment of dietary supplements which are effective in reducing blood pressure. Vicki Kotsirilos Integrative Medicine Grant. RACGP Research Awards 2006 $5,000.
Frank O, Ried K, Stocks NP. The acceptability and effectiveness of cocoa or tomato extract in reducing blood pressure in people with pre-hypertension: A pilot study. RACGP Cardiovascular Research Grant 2006 $25,000.
Laurence C, Stocks NP. What do new GP graduates and IMG’s deem important in their selection of a rural practice in South Australian? A stocktake of views from recently recruited or soon to be recruited rural GPs. Rural Doctors Workforce Agency, South Australia, 2006 $30,000.
Laurence C, Turnbull D, Stocks NP. Unsuccessful applicants to Medical School. Rural Doctors Workforce Agency, South Australia, 2006 $30,000.
Stocks NP. The Australian Sentinal Practice Research Network (ASPREN). Department of Health and Ageing, Surveillance Section Bio-security and Disease Control Branch 2006 $200,000.
Stocks NP. Primary Health Care Research Evaluation and Development (PHCRED) Strategy. Department of Health and Ageing, Canberra 2006-2009 $1,040,000.
Crockett A, Moss J, Pegram R, Stocks NP. A Systematic Review of Models for the Organisation and Financing of Primary Health Care for Mild and Moderate Chronic Lung Disease. Australian Primary Health Care Research Institute, Research in Priority Areas Stream 4 2005-2006 $150,398.
Stocks NP, Beilby J, Murphy A, Doust J, Tideman P. Provision of secondary cardiac preventive care in Australian general practice. NHMRC General Practice Clinical Research Grants 2006-2008 $499,937.
Beilby J, Crockett A, Mudge P, Stocks NP, Ryan P, Adams R, Staugus R. Spirometry and asthma management in children and adults in general practice. NHMRC General Practice Clinical Research Grants 2005-2007 $545,637.
Stocks NP, James A, Ryan P. Improving primary and secondary prevention of Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD) in general practice. Royal Australian College of General Practitioners Cardiovascular Research Grants 2004 $24,841.
Stocks NP, Broadbent J, Beilby J. Researcher Development Program. Department of Health and Ageing 2004 $78,594.
Waters R, Farmer L, Stocks NP, Broadbent J, Taylor J Gentle I, Dollard J. Indigenous Research Training Grant. Department of Human Services 2004 $20,000.
Stocks NP, Turnidge J, Crockett A, Veale A. Acute bronchitis in general practice: what factors predict a poor outcome and can antibiotics help? NHMRC 2004-2006 $388,875.
MacLennan AH, Stocks NP, Henderson VW, Mathias J, Taylor AW. Population based observational study of Hormone Therapy and cognition in women aged 60+. Australian Menopause Society Research Grants 2004 $29,000.
1. Si, Si, Moss, J.R., Sullivan, T.R., Newton, S.S., Stocks, N.P. Effectiveness of general practice-based health checks: A systematic review and meta-analysis. (2014) British Journal of General Practice 64 (618) PP. e47 - e53.
2. Stewart S, Carrington MJ, Swemmer CH, Kurstjens NP, Brown A, Burrell LM, Nelson M, Stocks NP, Jennings GL; VIPER-BP Study Investigator. More rigorous protocol adherence to intensive structured management improves blood pressure control in primary care: Results from the VIPER-BP Study. J of Hypertension 2014 (In press).
3. Stewart S, Carrington MJ, Swemmer CH, Kurstjens NP, Brown A, Burrell LM, Nelson M, Stocks NP, Jennings GL; VIPER-BP Study Investigators. Determinants of achieving early blood pressure control with monotherapy in a primary care setting. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2013 Sep;15(9):674-80. doi: 10.1111/jch.12164. Epub 2013 Jul 16.
4. Pond CD, Mate KE, Phillips J, Stocks NP, Magin PJ, Weaver N, Brodaty H. Predictors of agreement between general practitioner detection of dementia and the revised Cambridge Cognitive Assessment (CAMCOG-R). Int Psychogeriatr. 2013 Oct;25(10):1639-47. doi: 10.1017/S1041610213000884. Epub 2013 Jun 26.
5. Smithers LG, Chittleborough CR, Stocks N, Sawyer MG, Lynch JW. Can Items Used in 4-Year-Old Well-Child Visits Predict Children's Health and School Outcomes? Matern Child Health J. 2013 Sep 26. [Epub ahead of print]
6. Johnson DA, Frank O, Pond D, Stocks N. Older people with mild cognitive impairment -- their views about assessing driving safety. Aust Fam Physician. 2013 May;42(5):317-20.
7. Avery JC, Stocks NP, Duggan P, Braunack-Mayer AJ, Taylor AW, Goldney RD, MacLennan AH. Identifying the quality of life effects of urinary incontinence with depression in an Australian population. BMC Urol. 2013 Feb 16;13:11. doi: 10.1186/1471-2490-13-11.
8. Stuart KL, Wyld B, Bastiaans K, Stocks N, Brinkworth G, Mohr P, Noakes M. A telephone-supported cardiovascular lifestyle programme (CLIP) for lipid reduction and weight loss in general practice patients: a randomised controlled pilot trial. Public Health Nutr. 2013 Mar 4:1-8. [Epub ahead of print]
9. Ried K, Frank OR, Stocks NP. Aged garlic extract reduces blood pressure in hypertensives: a dose response trial. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2013 Jan;67(1):64-70. doi: 10.1038/ejcn.2012.178. Epub 2012 Nov 21.
10. Stewart S, Carrington MJ, Swemmer CH, Kurstjens NP, Anderson C, Amerena J, Brown A, Burrell LM, de Looze FJ, Harris M, Hung J, Krum H, Nelson M, Schlaich M, Stocks NP, Jennings GL. A multicentre, randomised controlled trial of intensive, structured care in achieving individual blood pressure targets in primary care. 2012 Nov 20;345:e7156. doi: 10.1136/bmj.e7156
11. Almeida OP, Draper B, Snowdon J, Lautenschlager NT, Pirkis J, Byrne G, Sim M, Stocks N, Flicker L, Pfaff J. Social connectedness, anxiety, depression and other risk factors associated with suicidal thoughts in later life. British Journal of Psychiatry 2012 (In press).
12. Williamson M, Cardona-Morrell M, Elliott JD, Reeve JF, Stocks NP, Emery J, Mackson JM , Gunn JM. Prescribing Data in General Practice Demonstration (PDGPD) project - a cluster randomised controlled trial of a quality improvement intervention to achieve better prescribing for chronic heart failure and hypertension. BMC Health Services Research 2012, 12:273. DOI: 10.1186/1472-6963-12-273.
13. Mate KE, Pond CD, Magin P, Goode S, McElduff P, Stocks NP. Diagnosis and disclosure of a memory problem is associated with quality of life in community based older Australians with dementia. International Psychogeriatrics 2012 (In press).
14. Ried K, Sullivan TR, Fakler P, Frank OR, Stocks NP. Effect of cocoa on blood pressure. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2012, Issue 12. Art. No.: CD008893. DOI.
15.Stocks N, Allan J, Frank O, Williams S, Ryan P. Improving attendance for cardiovascular risk assessment in Australian general practice: an RCT of a monetary incentive for patients. BMC Family Practice 2012 13:54.DOI: 10.1186/1471-2296-13-54
16. Almeida OP, Pirkis J, Kerse N, Sim M, Flicker L, Snowdon J, Draper B, Byrne G, Goldney R, Lautenschlager NT, Stocks N, Alfonso H, Pfaff J. Anxiety, Depression and Comorbid Anxiety and Depression: Risk Factors and Outcome Over Two Years. 2012 International Journal of Psychogeriatrics doi:10.1017/S104161021200107X.
17.Pond CD, Brodaty H, Stocks NP, Gunn J, Marley J, Disler P, Magin P, Paterson N, Horton G, Goode S, Paine B, Mate KE. Ageing in General Practice (AGP) Trial: A cluster randomised trial to examine the effectiveness of peer education on GP diagnostic assessment and management of dementia. BMC Family Practice 2012 13:12.
18. Pond D, Phillips J, Paterson N, Howell C, Shell A, Stocks N, Goode S, Marley J. General practitioners' view of the difficulties in disclosing the diagnosis of dementia. 2012 Aug;62(601):e546-53. doi: 10.3399/bjgp12X653598.
19. Almeida OP, Pirkis J, Kerse N, Sim M, Flicker L, Snowdon J, Draper B, Byrne G, Goldney R, Lautenschlager NT, Stocks N, Alfonso H, Pfaff J. Socioeconomic Disadvantage Increases Risk of Prevalent and Persistent Depression in Later Life. Journal of Affective Disorders 2012 doi:10.1016/j.jad.2012.01.021.
20. 10 minute consultation - Funny Turn. Leung E, Hamilton-Bruce A, Stocks NP, Koblar S. BMJ 2011;343:d7465.
21. Almeida OP, Pirkis J, Kerse N, Sim M, Flicker L, Snowdon J, Draper B, Byrne G, Goldney R, Lautenschlager NT, Stocks N, Alfonso H, Pfaff JJ. A Randomized trial to Reduce the Prevalence of Depression and Self-Harm Behaviour in Older Primary Care Patients Ann Fam Med 2012, 10 (4) 347-356.
22. Ramanathan S, Baratiny G, Stocks N, Searle A, Russ GP referral patterns for women with gynaecological symptoms: a randomised incomplete block study design. MJA 2011, 195 (10): 602-606.
23. Burchard A, Stocks N, Laurence C. Sexual health knowledge and practices of female international students at the University of Adelaide: A qualitative study AFP 2011, 40 (10) 817-820.
24. Frank O, Stocks NP, Aylward P. Patient acceptance and perceived utility of pre-consultation prevention summaries and reminders in general practice: pilot study. BMC Family Practice 2011, 12:40 (26 May).
25. Gialamas A, Aylward P, Vanlint S, Stocks N. A study exploring patient knowledge, attitudes and experiences with cholesterol lowering medication. AFP 2011, 40 (7) 519-522.
26. Holton C, Crockett A, Nelson M, Ryan P, Wood-Baker R, Stocks N, Briggs N, Beilby J. Does spirometry training in general practice improve quality and outcomes of care for adults with asthma? Int J for Quality in Health Care, 2011; 23 (5), 545-553.
27. Ngai LY, Stocks NP, Sparrow J, Patel R, Rumley A, Lowe G, Davey-Smith G, Ben-Shlomo Y. The prevalence and analysis of risk factors for age-related macular degeneration. Eye 25, 784-793 (June 2011) | doi:10.1038/eye.2011.56.
28. Stocks NP, Frank O, Linn A, Anderson K, Meertons S. Vertical integration of teaching in Australian General Practice - A survey of regional training providers MJA 2011, 194 (11): S75-S78.
29. Almeida OP, Alfonso H, Pirkis J, Kerse N, Sim M, Flicker L, Snowdon J, Draper B, Byrne G, Goldney R, Lautenschlager NT, Stocks N, Scazufca M, Huisman M, Araya R, Pfaff J. A Practical Approach to Assess Depression Risk and to Guide Risk Reduction Strategies in Later Life. International Psychogeriatrics 2011, 23:2, 280–291.
30. Ried K, Stocks N, Frank O: Chocolate dose may be too much (letter). BMJ 2010; 341:c4176.
31. Ried K, Frank O, Stocks NP. Aged Garlic extract lowers blood pressure in patients with treated but uncontrolled hypertension: A randomised controlled trial. Maturitas 2010 Oct;67(2):144-50. Epub 2010 Jul 1.
32. Ried K, Sullivan T, Falker P, Frank O, Stocks NP. Does Chocolate reduce blood pressure? A Meta-analysis. BMC Medicine 2010, 8:39 doi:10.1186/1741-7015-8-39.
33. Oprea L, Branuck Mayer A, Rogers W, Stocks NP. An Ethical Justification for the Chronic Care Model" Health Expectations 2010 Mar;13(1):55-64. Epub 2009 Nov 10.
34. Parrella A, Dalton CB, Pearce R, Litt JC, Stocks N. ASPREN surveillance system for influenza-like illness - A comparison with FluTracking and the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System. Aust Fam Physician 2009 Nov;38(11):932-6.
35. Ried K, Frank O, Stocks NP. Dark chocolate or tomato extract for prehypertension: a randomised controlled trial. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2009 Volume: 9 Issue: 22 Pages: (8 July).
36. Allan J, Schattner P, Stocks N, Ramsay E. Does patient satisfaction of general practice change over a decade? BMC Family Practice 2009, 10:13.
37. Gupta R, Stocks N, Broadbent J. Cardiovascular risk assessment in Australian General Practice. Australian Family Physician 2009 5: 364-368.
38. Stocks NP, Ryan P, Allen J, Williams S. K Willson . Gender, socioeconomic status, need or access? Differences in statin prescribing across urban, rural and remote Australia. Australian Journal of Rural Health 2009 17(2): 92-96.
39. Pfaff J, Draper B, Pirkis J, Stocks N, Snowdon J, Sim M, Byrne G, Lautenschlager N, Flicker L, Kerse N, Goldney R, Almeida OP. Medical Morbidity and Mental Health Status in a Large Primary Care Sample of Older Australians: The DEPS-GP Project. MJA 2009 190(7): S575-580.
40. Adam R, Stocks N, Hill C, Wilson D, Gravier K. Health Literacy: A new concept for general practice? Australian Family Physician 2009 38(3): 144-147.
41. Pirkis J, Pfaff J, Williamson OT, Stocks N, Goldney R, Draper B, Lautenschlager N, Almeida OP. The community prevalence of depression in older Australians. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2009 115 (1-2): 54-61
42. May FC, Stocks N, Barton C. Identification of barriers that impede the implementation of nicotine replacement therapy in the acute cardiac setting. The European Society of Cardiology 2008 15(6): 646-50.
43. Ried K, Frank OR, Stocks NP, Fakler P, Sullivan T. Effect of garlic on blood pressure: A systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Cardiovascular Disorders 2008, 8:13 (16 Jun).
44. Jackowski L, Rowell D Stocks NP. Reducing the risk of adverse thrombotic events - The role of aspirin and clopidogrel. AFP 2008; 37 (9): 721-725.
45. Ried K, Montgomery B, Stocks N, Farmer E. General practice research training: impact of the Australian Registrar Research Workshop on research skills, confidence, interest and involvement of participants, 2002-2006. 2008 Family Practice 25: 119-126.
46. Paine B, Stocks NP, Mac Lennan AH. Seminars may increase recruitment to randomised controlled trial: lessons learned from WISDOM. Trials. 2008, 9:5.
47. Cranston J, Crockett, Moss J, Pegram R, Stocks N. Models of chronic disease management in primary care for patients with mild-to-moderate asthma or COPD: a narrative review. MJA 2008; 188 (8): S50-S52
48. Welton, AJ; Vickers, MR; Kim, J, et al (Stocks N as part of the WISDOM team). Health related quality of life after combined hormone replacement therapy: randomised controlled trial. BMJ 2008 337(7669) article number a1190.
49. Seidel B, Stocks NP. Estimating Cardiovascular Risk (letter). Arch Intern Med. 2008;168(1):111
50. Williamson MK, Pirkis J, Pfaff J , Tyson O, Sim M, Kerse N, Lautenschlager NT, Stocks NP, Almeida OP. Recruiting and retaining GPs and patients in intervention studies: The DEPS-GP project as a case study. BMC Medical Research Methodology 2007, 7:42 (18th Sept 2007).
51. Pearce R, Laurence CO, Black LE, Stocks N. The challenges of teaching in a general practice setting. MJA. 2007; 187:129-132.
52. Benson J, Wilson A, Stocks N, Moulding N. Muscle Pain as an indicator of Vitamin D Deficiency in an urban Australian Aboriginal population. MJA 2006; 185 (2): 76-79.
53. Mac Lennan AH, Henderson VW, Paine B, Mathias J, Ramsey E, Ryan P, Stocks NP, Taylor AW. Hormone Therapy, Timing of Initiation, and Cognition in Women Aged over 60 years – The REMEMBER Pilot Study. Menopause 2006; 13(1):28-36).
54. Melbye H, Stocks N. Point-of-care testing for C-reactive protein – a new path for Australian GPs? Australian Family Physician 2006; 35 (7):513-517.
55. Fielding J, Clothier H, Stocks N, Kelly H. What factors facilitated a GP survey response rate? Australian Family Physician 2005; 34(10) 895-896.
56. Stocks NP, Allan J, Mansfield P. Management of hyperlipidemia in general practice. Australian Family Physician 2005; 34(6) 447-452.
57. Allan JA, Schaefer D, Stocks NP. Creating an improved learning needs survey. Australian Family Physician. 2005;34;84-86.
58. Stocks NP, Branuck-Mayer A, Somerset M, Gunnell D. "Binners, fillers and filers – A qualitative study of GPs who don’t return postal questionnaires" European Journal of General Practice. 2004;10(4):146-151.
59. Stocks NP, Turnidge J, Crockett A. Lower respiratory tract infections and community acquired pneumonia in adults. Australian Family Physician 2004; 33:297-301.
60. Paine BJ, Stocks NP, Ramsay EN, Ryan P, Mac Lennan AH for the Wisdom Australia Research team. Use and perception of Hormone Therapy following media reports of the Women’s Health Initiative: survey of Australian WISDOM participants. Climacteric 2004;7:143-152
61. Stocks NP, Ryan P, McElroy H, Allen J. Statin prescribing in Australia, socio-economic and gender differences: a cross sectional study. MJA 2004;180:229-231.
62. Stocks NP, McElroy H, Sayer G, Duszynski K. Acute bronchitis in Australian general practice: A prescription too far? Australian Family Physician 2004; 33:91-93.
To link to this page, please use the following URL: http://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/nigel.stocks