|The University of Adelaide||Home | Faculties & Divisions | Search|
|Faculties & Divisions | People A to Z | Media Expertise | Phonebook||
|Public browsing [Login]|
Dr Stijn Glorie
To link to this page, please use the following URL:
I completed a PhD in Geology in 2012 at Ghent University, on intracontinental deformation within Central Asia. I continued this research as a post-doctoral fellow at Ghent University from 2012-2013. Since March 2013, I commenced as a Lecturer at the School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, teaching into the courses Tectonics III and Sedimentary Geology II and focussing my research on thermochronolgy in various regions (Central Asia, South Australia, India, Indochina, eastern Tibet,...).
2013 - Present: Lecturer at The University of Adelaide (Australia)
2012 - 2013: Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at Ghent University (Belgium)- Funded by the Funding for Scientific Research in Flanders (FWO)
2007 - 2011: PhD. at Ghent University (Belgium) - awarded in March 2012 - Funded by the Institute for the Promotion of Innovation through Science and Technology in Flanders (IWT)
- Course coordinator and Lecturer for the Course `Sedimentary Geology II`(GEOLOGY 2500).
My research focuses on the application of multi-method thermochronology (including U/Pb, Ar/Ar, fission track, U-Th-Sm/He analysis) to unravel the tectonic history of (mainly) intracontinental mountain belts. This work is conducted on both basement rocks, which cooled when the mountains were uplifted, as well as detrital sediments which are the erosion products of the mountains themselves. The outcomes of my research are presented in several research papers and provide constraints on the timing of (1) the formation of continents, (2) mountain building and (3) burial in adjacent sedimentary basins. I have mainly worked in Central Asia (Tien Shan, Altai, Sayan, Beishan), Southeast Asia (Thailand) and SE India and I am currently expanding my field area towards (South) Australia as well. Send me an email if you would be interested in one of these topics towards a PhD degree.
Key-topics: thermochronology, tectonics, thermal history analysis
18. Glorie, S., De Grave, J., Singh, T., Payne, J.L., Collins, A.S. (Submitted). Crustal Root of the Eastern Dharwar Granite-Greenstone Belt: Zircon U-Pb Age and Lu-Hf Isotopic Evolution of the Salem Block, southeast India. Precambrian Research. [IF=4.441].
17. Glorie, S., Zhimulev, F.I., Buslov, M.M., Andersen, T., Plavsa, D., Izmer, A., Vanhaecke, F., De Grave, J. (In press). Formation of the Kokchetav subduction-collision zone (northern Kazakhstan): Insights from zircon U-Pb and Lu-Hf isotope systematics. Gondwana Research. [IF= 7.396].
16. De Grave, J., De Pelsmaeker, E., Zhimulev, F.I., Glorie, S., Buslov, M.M., Van den haute, P. (2014). Meso-Cenozoic building of the northern Central Asian Orogenic Belt: thermotectonic history of the Tuva region (West Sayan, Altai, Tannu Ola, Sengilen Ranges). Tectonophysics 621, 44-59. [IF=2.684].
15. Glorie, S., De Grave, J., Buslov, M.M., Zhimulev, F.I., Safonova, I.Yu. (2014). Detrital zircon provenance of early Palaeozoic sediments at the southwestern margin of the Siberian Craton: insights from U-Pb geochronology. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 82, 115-123. [IF=2.379].
14. Buslov, M.M., Geng, H., Travin, A.V., Otgonbaatar, D., Kulikova, A.V., Meng, C., Glorie, S., Semakov, N.N., Rubanova, E.S., Abildaeva, M.A., Voitishek, E.E., Trofimova, D.A. (2013). Tectonics and geodynamics of Gorny Altai and adjacent structures of the Altai-Sayan folded area. Russian Geology and Geophysics, 54(10), 1250-1271. (+ Erratum RGG, 54(12), 1539.) [IF=0.894].
13. De Grave, J., Glorie, S., Buslov, M.M., Stockli, D.F., McWilliams, M.O., Batalev, V.Yu, Van den haute, P. (2013). Thermo-tectonic history of the Issyk-Kul basement (Kyrgyz Northern Tien Shan, Central Asia). Gondwana Research, 23 (3), 998-1020. [IF=7.396].
12. Glorie, S., De Grave, J., Buslov, M.M., Zhimulev, F.I., Van den haute, P., Elburg, M.A. (2012). Structural control on Meso-Cenozoic tectonic reactivation and denudation in the Siberian Altai: Insights from multi-method thermochronometry. Tectonophysics, 544-545, 75-92. [IF=2.684].
11. Glorie, S., De Grave, J., Delvaux, D., Buslov, M.M., Zhimulev, F.I., Vanhaecke, F., Elburg, M.A., Van den haute, P. (2012). Tectonic history of the Irtysh shear zone (NE Kazakhstan): New constraints from zircon U/Pb dating, apatite fission track dating and paleostress analysis. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 45, 138-149. [IF=2.379].
10. De Grave, J., Glorie, S., Ryabinin, A., Zhimulev, F., Izmer, A., Buslov, M.M., Elburg, M., Vanhaeke, F., Van den haute, P. (2012). Late Palaeozoic and Meso-Cenozoic tectonic evolution of the Southern Kyrgyz Tien Shan: constraints from multi-method thermochronology in the Trans-Alai, Turkestan-Alai Section and the Southeastern Ferghana Basin. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 44, 149-168. [IF=2.379].
9. Glorie, S., De Grave, J., Buslov, M.M., Zhimulev, F.I., Stockli, D.F., Batalev, V., Izmer, A., Van den haute, P., Vanhaecke, F., Elburg, M. (2011). Tectonic history of the Kyrgyz South Tien Shan (Atbashi-Inylchek) suture zone: the role of inherited structures during deformation-propagation. Tectonics, 30, TC6016. [IF=3.487].
8. De Grave, J., Glorie, S., Buslov, M.M., Izmer, A., Fournier-Carrie, A., Elburg, M., Batalev, V.Yu., Vanhaeke, F., Van den haute, P. (2011). The thermo-tectonic history of the Song-Kul Plateau, Kyrgyz Tien Shan: constraints by apatite and titanite thermochronometry and zircon U/Pb dating. Gondwana Research, 20 (4), 745-763. [IF=7.396].
7. Glorie, S., De Grave, J., Buslov, M.M., Zhimulev, F., Izmer, A., Elburg, M., Ryabinin, A., Vandoorne, W., Vanhaeke, F., Van den haute, P. (2011). Formation and Palaeozoic evolution of the Gorny-Altai - Altai-Mongolia suture zone (Siberia): zircon U/Pb constraints on its igneous record. Gondwana Research, 20 (2-3), 465-484. [IF=7.396].
6. De Grave, J., Glorie, S., Zhimulev, F.I., Buslov, M.M., Elburg, M., Vanhaeke, F., Van den haute, P. (2011). Emplacement and exhumation of the Kuznetsk-Alatau basement (Siberia): implications for the tectonic evolution of the Central Asian Orogenic Belt and sediment supply to the Kuznetsk, Minusa and West Siberian Basins. Terra Nova, 23 (4), 248-256. [IF=2.634].
5. Zhimulev, F.I., Buslov, M.M., Glorie, S., De Grave, J., Fidler, M., Izmer, A. (2011). Relationship between the Ordovician and Carboniferous-Permian collisional events in the southeastern Tunka bald mountains, East-Sayan (southwestern framing of the Siberian Platform). Russian Geology and Geophysics, 52 (12), 1634-1642. [IF=1.030].
4. Vandoorne, W., De Grave, J., Glorie, S., Van den haute, P. (2011). The tectonic evolution of the Chuya-Kurai zone (Siberian Altai mountains) by means of multi-method chronology. Geologica Belgica, 14 (3-4), 289-292. [IF=0.946].
3. Glorie, S., De Grave, J., Buslov, M.M., Elburg, M.A., Stockli, D.F., Gerdes, A., Van den haute, P. (2010). Multi-method chronometric constraints on the evolution of the Northern Kyrgyz Tien Shan granitoids: from emplacement to exhumation. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 38 (3-4), 131-146. [IF=2.379].
2. De Grave, J., Van den haute, P., Buslov, M.M., Dehandschutter, B., Glorie, S. (2008). Apatite fission-track thermochronology applied to the Chulyshman Plateau, Siberian Altai Region. Radiation Measurements, 43, 38-42. [IF=1.267].
1. Glorie, S. (2008). Short note: Meso-Cenozoic tectonics of the Central Kyrgyz Tien Shan (Central Asia), based on fission track thermochronology. Geologica Belgica, 11 (3-4), 175-177. [IF=0.946].
Copyright © 2013 The University of Adelaide
Last Modified 26/07/2013 Marketing & Communications
CRICOS Provider Number 00123M