Dr Thu Phuong Pham
|Org Unit||Accounting and Finance|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 4510|
Nexus 10 Tower
PhD Finance (University of Sydney, Australia); MSc Economics and Finance (Toulouse School of Economics, France); B. Finance (Honours) (National Economics University, Vietnam)
- SIRCA Best Paper Award, 2016 Auckland Finance Meeting, New Zealand
- Semi-finalist for the Best Paper Award in Market Microstructure; Top ten session in the 2016 FMA Annual Meeting (Las Vegas)
- University of Tasmania Teaching Merit Certificates (2015)
- Career Development Scholarships for the UTAS Academic Staff (2013)
- University of Sydney Dean’s Citation for Tutoring (2009, 2010)
- University of Sydney International Research Scholarship for PhD study (2008 – 2011)
- Royal Economic Society Scholarship, UK (2010)
- Visiting Scholar, University of Sydney (2007)
- Eiffel Excellence Scholarship, France (2002-2003)
- NEU Vice-Chancellor’s Certificate of Merit (2000)
Market Microstructure, Banking, Corporate Governance and Applied Economics
- AFAANZ research grant 2015-2016
- AFAANZ research grant 2015-2016 (with Joakim Westerholm)
- AFAANZ research grant 2014-2015 (with Jean-Charles Rochet and Quynh Anh Vo)
- AFAANZ research grant 2014-2015 (with Mardi Dungey, David Michayluk, Alex Frino and Maria Kim).
- AFAANZ research grant 2012-2013 (with Joakim Westerholm)
- University of Tasmania: Research Enhancement Grants Scheme (REGS) 2015
- University of Tasmania: TSBE Matching Fund, 2014-2015
- University of Tasmania: Grant-Conference Support Scheme, 2014
- University of Tasmania Faculty Research Grant 2012
- University of Tasmania Faculty Conference Travel Grant 2011, 2012, 2014
- University of Sydney: Postgraduate Research Support Scheme 2008, 2009, 2010
Published Academic Articles
1. “Poverty among ethnic minorities: transition process, inequality and economic growth” (with A.T. Bui and C.V. Nguyen), Applied Economics, Forthcoming.
2. “Latency reduction and market quality: The case of the Australian Stock Exchange” (with H. Murray and H. Singh), International Review of Financial Analysis, Volume 46, July 2016, Pages 257 - 265.
3. “The impact of natural disasters on household income, expenditure, poverty and inequality: evidence from Vietnam” (with A.T. Bui, M. Dungey and C.V. Nguyen), Applied Economics, (2014) 46:15, 1751-1766.
4. “An international trend in market design: Endogenous effects of limit order book transparency on volatility, spreads, depth and volume” (with J. Westerholm), Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions & Money, (2013), 27, 202-223
5. "Broker ID Transparency and Price Impact of Trades: Evidence from the Korean Exchange", International Journal of Managerial Finance (2015), Vol. 1, Iss 1 pp. 117 - 131.
6. "A survey of research into securities market transparency” (with J. Westerholm), Australasian Accounting Business and Finance Journal (2015), Vol.9:1 Forthcoming
7. “The time to shut down”, (with A.T. Bui), Economics Bulletin, (2007), Vol. 7, No. 14 pp. 1-14.
· 'The curious case of changes in trading dynamics when firms switch from NYSE to Nasdaq' (with D. Michayluk).
· 'Intra-Day Revelation of Counterparty Identity in the World's Best-Lit Market' (with Peter L. Swan and P. Joakim Westerholm).
· 'The Full Story: Hidden Broker IDs at the Australian Securities Exchange' (with P.L. Swan, P. J. Westerholm).
· 'The Information Content of Bank Loan Announcements on Borrower Stock Returns and Liquidity' (with H.D. Duong and H. Singh).
· 'The impact of pre- and post- trade transparency on broker identities on market efficiency' (with D. Michayluk, V. Patel and J. Westerholm)
· 'The impact of post-IPO changes in corporate governance mechanisms on firm performance: Evidence from young Australian firms' (with B. Chowdhury and M. Dungey).
· 'Does idiosyncratic risk matter? Evidence from mergers and acquisitions' (with P. Nguyen)
· 'Gender Equality in Education, Health Care, and Employment: Evidence from Vietnam' (with A.T. Bui and C.V. Nguyen).
· 'Son Preference and fertility behaviors evidence from Vietnam' (with A.T. Bui, C.V. Nguyen and T.H. To).
· 'Education and Health of Children living in Blended families in Vietnam' (with A.T. Bui, T.T.T. Le and C.V. Nguyen).
Journal of Banking and Finance; Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money; Emerging Markets Review; Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy; International Journal of Managerial Finance; Journal of Asian and African Studies
To link to this page, please use the following URL: http://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/thuphuong.pham