|The University of Adelaide||Home | Faculties & Divisions | Search|
|Faculties & Divisions | People A to Z | Media Expertise | Phonebook||
|Public browsing [Login]|
Dr Yinlan Ruan
To link to this page, please use the following URL:
Dr. Yinlan Ruan gained her PhD
from the Australian National University, Australia in 2005 with her thesis focusing
on low loss chalcogenide planar waveguide devices for all-optical processing.
After her PhD, she joined Center of Excellence in Photonics in University of
Adelaide. She firstly worked in fluoride glass development, then transferred to
protein sensing. She is currently working in an ARC granted project as an
Australian Postdoctoral Fellow (APD). This project is to model, fabricate and
characterise light enhancement within nano size core hole in soft glass microstructured
fibers and explore its applications in nonlinearity, high resolution imaging
and nanolithography. At the same time, she is also working in excitaiton of surface plasmon resonace with high index nano fibers for applicaitons of imaging and optical manipulation.
- PhD of Physical Science and Engineering, The Australian National University (ANU), April 2006.
Thesis: “Chalcogenide planar waveguide devices for all-optical processing”.
- Master of Optoelectronics Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST), China, 1996.
- Bachelor of Electronic Materials Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST), China, 1991.
Awards & Achievements
· Early Career Research Excellence Award 2008 by Faculty of Science, University of Adelaide;
· Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad, 2005;
· Endeavor Australian Cheung Kong award by Australian Government for half-year overseas visiting research, 2005.
Copyright © 2010 The University of Adelaide
Last Modified 16/08/2012 M&SC
CRICOS Provider Number 00123M