Buy Print Edition Buy - Staff or Student
- If you have a University of Adelaide email address click the Buy - Staff or Student button
- All other email addresses click the Buy Print Edition button (price is the same)
- Hover your mouse over Shopping Cart at the top right to edit or check out (pay)
- No need to register but you do need to fill in your details for the invoice
- Shipping in Australia is a flat $15, outside Australia a flat $40.
- Choose 'pick-up in person' if you wish to collect the book (drop-down menu just under Delivery Cost). Please contact us via phone or email to arrange the pick-up.
South Australian Entrepreneurship Systems and Strategies
Edited by Göran Roos and Allan O’Connor
$55.00 | 2015 | Paperback | 978-1-922064-90-5 | 406 pp
FREE | 2015 | Ebook (PDF) | 978-1-922064-91-2 | 406 pp
South Australia is a small economy that faces a fundamental need to re-shape its approach to innovation. The manufacturing sector, as the backbone of the state’s economy, has and will continue to change in its nature and form. This necessitates a re-think about how innovation happens and how the respective actors within an economy interact and engage with each other. In effect, innovation relies on intersections between people, knowledge, information sharing, ideas, financial and other resources. Innovation happens through regional social and economic system dynamics; innovation relies on a system view of entrepreneurship.
Entrepreneurship can be taken as a study of the entrepreneur and new business creation. However, this conception of entrepreneurship misses the critical link to economic outcomes; the ebb and flow of social and economic fortunes that are underpinned by the actions, reactions and engagement of individuals in a specific social and economic system that brings about innovation and change. In this book the authors are exploring how the linkages within the system can be conceptualised and made transparent.