Buy Print Edition Buy - Staff or Student
- If you have a University of Adelaide email address click the Buy - Staff or Student button
- All other email addresses click the Buy Print Edition button (price is the same)
- Hover your mouse over Shopping Cart at the top right to edit or check out (pay)
- No need to register but you do need to fill in your details for the invoice
- Shipping in Australia is a flat $15, outside Australia a flat $40.
- Choose 'pick-up in person' if you wish to collect the book (drop-down menu just under Delivery Cost). Please contact us via phone or email to arrange the pick-up.
Changing the Victorian Subject
edited and Introduction by Maggie Tonkin, Mandy Treagus, Madeleine Seys and Sharon Crozier-De Rosa
$44.00 | 2014 | Paperback | 978-1-922064-73-8 | 292 pp
FREE | 2014 | Ebook (PDF) | 978-1-922064-74-5 | 292 pp
The essays in this collection examine how both colonial and British authors engage with Victorian subjects and subjectivities in their work. Some essays explore the emergence of a key trope within colonial texts: the negotiation of Victorian and settler-subject positions. Others argue for new readings of key metropolitan texts and their repositioning within literary history. These essays work to recognise the plurality of the rubric of the 'Victorian' and to expand how the category of Victorian studies can be understood.