Group Study Tour Programs
The University of Adelaide's English Language Centre offers group study tour programs for international organisations and institutions. We can design and develop a program that provides participants with a rewarding education and Australian experience.
Our group programs are for:
- University students who wish to develop higher level English language and intercultural skills in the company of students from around the world.
- University students who wish to develop specialised communication skills in their discipline area and gain credit from their home institution.
- Teachers and Faculty members who wish to develop their English language and teaching methodology capability.
- Professionals who want to improve their business English and specialised vocabulary in their own industry context.
We have a range of online courses for individuals and groups commencing in July/August. Classes can be delivered using online tools, such as Zoom and MyUni. Students can get the full classroom experience as they talk with and listen to their teachers and interact with classmates.
The University of Adelaide was established in 1874 and is one of the oldest Universities in Australia. Regularly ranked in the top 1% of all Universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight, the University of Adelaide is a high quality destination for short term study tour groups. Our University is conveniently located in the centre of the city of Adelaide, famous for its culture, festivals and gourmet food and wine. It is a safe, friendly and beautiful city with a pleasant Mediterranean climate.
The University of Adelaide’s English Language Centre has welcomed groups to Adelaide for over 20 years and our highly qualified teaching staff are passionate about delivering an excellent experience.
At the conclusion of the program, all students will receive a certificate from the prestigious University of Adelaide.
Our programs range from 1 week to 30 weeks and are designed to meet the needs of students, professionals or faculty members. For groups looking for more than English language development, we can incorporate academic content or professional development training. In short: whatever your groups unique needs, we will develop a solution that best matches them.
If your group can’t make it to Adelaide, we can develop a an online program to meet your group’s needs. Classes can be delivered using online tools, such as Zoom and MyUni. Students can get the full classroom experience as they talk with and listen to their teachers and interact with classmates.
Programs that we have recently delivered include:
- 5 week General English - Dankook University, Korea
- 3 week Medical English Communication and Health Sciences Program - Peking University, China
- 3 week Research Communication Skills Program - Shanxi University Alliance, China
- 5 week English and Economics - Kansai University, Japan
- 8 week English, Academic Research Skills and TESOL Methodology Program - Mulawarman University, Indonesia
- 13 week English and Specialised Industry Program for Border Officials, Department of Home Affairs, Australia
- 6 week Online English & Research Communications Skills, Yanshan University, China
- 12 week Online Teaching Methodology and English as Medium of Instruction (EMI), Shenzen University, China
For more information please see the General English for Academic Purposes Program which forms the English language training base for our English language Group Study Tour Programs.
For more information on the University of Adelaide’s Academic Faculties click here.
A complete package
We offer a complete package for your group. The English Language Centre runs a successful Homestay Accommodation Program, where international students live with local families for a first-hand experience of everyday Australian family life. Homestay is a wonderful way for students to improve their English, gain confidence, learn more about Australian culture and meet new people in a friendly, nurturing environment. Dormitory style or shared apartment accommodation is also available.
Whilst in Adelaide, take the opportunity to explore beautiful South Australia with cultural excursions and activities such as visits to wildlife parks, day trips to beautiful beaches or weekend trips to famous tourist destinations, all arranged for you by our team.
Be reassured that as a large and well established University, your group will benefit from having access to a wide range of support services whilst with us. For groups studying for 5 weeks or more, a University of Adelaide student card will give your group access to our modern Hub Central complex, a space designed for students with 24 weekday access to computers, meeting rooms, cafes and restaurants and an excellent opportunity to interact with other University students.
Our specialist staff are available to discuss the benefits of the study tour program and would be pleased to customise a program or course to meet your specific needs. Contact the centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.