As of Tuesday 17 November, we will be suspending our in-person services until further notice. As an alternative, you can now contact us via Zoom from 10am-4pm Adelaide time. The room ID is 681-134-0387 and password is Exchange.
Please note that there are no changes to other means of contacting us - you are still able to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +61 8 8313 8220.
University of Adelaide action on COVID-19: Latest Updates & FAQs
To gain admission to our Exchange program you must:
- be an undergraduate or postgraduate student nominated by your home institution that has an official Exchange partnership agreement in place with The University of Adelaide
- have completed at least one year (or equivalent) of tertiary-level study prior to commencement in your Exchange program
- achieve a 2.5/4.0 minimum GPA
- meet the English Language Requirements
- meet any prerequisites shown for the courses you choose. You can find the prerequisites by clicking the title of the course in the course outline listing
Exchange students can study undergraduate or postgraduate courses during Summer School, Winter School, Semesters, Trimesters or a combination of study periods.
For example you might want to study during Semester 2 and Summer School.
Exchange students remain enrolled with their home institution and continue to pay tuition fees to their home institution. Tuition fees at The University of Adelaide are waived.
While Exchange students do not incur tuition fees, they still have to pay for their living expenses and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
To see a breakdown of costs associated with Exchange, visit the fees page of our website.
An official University of Adelaide transcript will be issued to your home institution electronically.
Courses completed may be credited back to your home degree, but it is your responsibility to organise the credit transfer with your home institution.
Steps to apply
Most Exchange students apply for a student visa. You must have received your Confirmation of Enrolment from The University of Adelaide before making a student visa application. For any visa enquiries please refer to the Department of Home Affairs or contact your local Australian Embassy.
To fulfil Australian student visa requirements, Exchange students must be enrolled in at least 3 courses (9 units) at the University of Adelaide.
The University of Adelaide offers the following internships to Exchange students which are taken as part of a student's academic program.
Faculty of Arts
- ARTS 2201 - Industry Internship II (3 units)
- ARTS 3201 - Industry Internship III (3 units)
- ARTS 3202 - Research-based Internship (6 units – equal to half a semester workload)
Faculty of the Professions
- PROF 3505 - Undergraduate Professions Virtual Internship (3 units)
- PROF 3510 - Industry Project (3 units)
- PROF 7505 - Postgraduate Professions Virtual Internship (3 units)
- PROF 7510 - Postgraduate Industry Project (3 units)
Please be aware that there may be special requirements and different deadlines for these courses.
The Australian Government occasionally offers scholarships to Exchange students. Please contact your home institution for more information.