Skip to content

Exchange - Fast Facts

  • Eligibility

    To gain admission to our exchange program you must:

    • be an undergraduate or postgraduate student nominated by your home institution that has an official exchange partnership agreement in place with the University of Adelaide
    • have completed at least one year (or equivalent) of tertiary-level study prior to commencement in your Exchange program
    • must achieve a 2.5/4.0 minimum GPA
    • meet the English Language Requirements
    • meet any prerequisites shown for the particular courses you choose. You can find the prerequisites by clicking the title of the course in the Course Outline listing.
  • Study Options
    • 3 or 4 undergraduate or postgraduate courses for 1 or 2 semesters.
    • Summer or Winter school courses run outside semester time (2 - 4 weeks intensive mode) if permitted in the exchange agreement.
  • Exchange Partners

    Please see our current exchange partner listing to find out if your institution has an exchange partner agreement in place with us.

  • Fees

    Exchange students remain enrolled with their home institution and continue to pay tuition fees to their home institution. Tuition fees at the University of Adelaide are waived.

    While Exchange students do not incur tuition fees, they still have to pay for their living expenses and some Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

    To see a breakdown of costs associated with Exchange, visit the Fees page of our website.

  • Credit Transfer

    An official University of Adelaide transcript will be issued to your home institution electronically. Courses completed may be credited back to your home degree, but it is your responsibility to contact a course advisor at your home institution to discuss credit transfer.

  • Steps to Apply

    Contact the Exchange Office at your university and they will liaise with The University of Adelaide to arrange the exchange arrangement on your behalf.  To learn about the application process view our Steps to Apply.

  • Visa

    Most Study Abroad & Exchange students apply for a student visa. However, you must have received your confirmation of enrolment from the University of Adelaide before making a student visa application.

    Working Holiday Visas (WHV) may be available to Exchange students from certain countries.  Check with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to find out which visa best applies to your circumstances.

    For more information on visa applications, visit our Visa page or the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website. Please note the University of Adelaide has no involvement in visa applications, they are completed by the student through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

    To fulfil Australian student visa requirements, Exchange students must be enrolled in at least 3 courses (9 units) at the University of Adelaide.

  • Internships

    The University of Adelaide offers the following internships to Study Abroad & Exchange students.  These are worth 6 units of credit – equal to 2 courses and are taken as part of a student's academic program.

    Please be aware that there are special requirements for these courses.

  • Scholarships

    The Australian Government occasionally offer scholarships to Exchange students. Please contact your home institution for more information.

Inbound Study Abroad & Exchange Office

Level 5, Old Classics Wing
(above the Wills Court pond)
The University of Adelaide

Call us: + 61 8 8313 3857

Office Hours

9:00am - 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday

10:00am - 5:00pm

Choosing A Course