Music for Non-Teaching Purposes

The University’s Music Licence permits music on the APRA/AMCOS list to be played at events organised or authorised by the University.

These include Open Days, staff Christmas functions, open lecture series and student music recitals. However, entry fees cannot be charged for the event. The Music Licence permits videotaping of these events.

The Music Licence DOES NOT extend to events organised by student organisations that have a separate legal entity from the University nor to events for which University premises have been hired out to a third party.

APRA works and PPCA sound recordings may be used as on-hold music for University telephone systems.

APRA works and PPCA sound recordings may be played within offices for the sole benefit of staff members in the workplace. They may not be played in office areas which are open to students or members of the public.
More information regarding the licence can be found on the Music Licence page.