Foundations of Transformative Leadership Program
Gain a strong foundation in the dynamics of complexity and develop your leadership skills.
Your commitment: 2 x 3-day intensives plus online sessions and pre-work
Duration: Four months
Delivery: Face to face, virtual
Location: Adelaide, Barossa Valley, virtual
Program fee: $8,975
The game hasn’t changed, it has become change. Change in business and government is no longer an identifiable event, but rather a constantly and rapidly evolving state. Today’s leaders operate in an increasingly complex and unpredictable environment in which change occurs at an unprecedented speed and magnitude. The future is uncertain, and problems often transcend the boundaries of single organisations or professions.
The Foundations of Transformative Leadership Program is an experiential development program designed in partnership with the University of Texas at Austin to provide mid-to-senior managers with a strong foundation in the dynamics of complexity and leadership, and equip you with a range of key skills and competencies to enhance performance in your current role and prepare you for a future in leadership.
The program is offered to mid-senior managers who are already able to think strategically, work effectively in teams, and who are open to new perspectives.
Topics covered include:
- Learning to learn, maximizing program impact
- The foundations of Adaptive Leadership
- Understanding mindset and how we make decisions
- Leadership and complexity / unpredictability
- Identifying simple, complicated and complex aspects of problems and how to respond
- Observation & Interpretation: understanding the actions, behaviours and patterns of others and their impact
- Change and loss: Overcoming immunity to change
- Multiple perspectives: Considering multiple viewpoints and generating multiple interpretations and solutions
- Tools and techniques to act and make progress on complex challenges
Why should I attend?
This program has been specifically designed to help middle-to-senior managers develop a strong foundation in the dynamics of complexity and leadership, and equip them with a range of key skills and competencies to enhance performance in their current roles and prepare them for a future in leadership.
- Mid-senior managers who can think strategically, work effectively in teams and are open to new perspectives.
- Available to attend and participate in all program elements including in person and online sessions.
- Has support from relevant organisation and/or senior leadership to participate, including support to attend program in full and opportunities to apply learnings.
- Agrees to the terms and conditions of the program. Please note we have provided our standard terms and conditions plus FTLP specific preferences - PACE will send a list of confirmed terms and conditions at the enrolment process stage
How will my organisation benefit?
Participants will leave the program with a deep understanding of the nature of leadership, enabling them to connect values and empower individuals to drive results. They will crystallise your organisational purpose and gain the ability to routinely view situations from multiple perspectives, allowing the participant to better observe the actions, behaviours and patterns of others, as well as themselves.
During the program, participants will be given the opportunity to explore and address a major challenge facing your organisation and apply their learnings to create sustainable change.
Delivery mode and duration
Over the course of the program, participants will engage in deep, experiential learning and remain closely connected to the program through a combination of:
- on-site intensive learning led by experienced educators
- interactive virtual workshops
- purposeful interactions with peers in and outside the classroom
- discussions with some of the best thinkers in government and the private sector
- individual and group assignments designed to broaden your understanding of the concepts and provide opportunities to apply your learning in a real-world context.
2 x 3-day intensives plus online sessions and pre-work
This program has an application process that requires prospective participants to respond to a range of criteria to ensure suitability for the program.
Applications will open once we receive the minimum number of expressions of interest. We will contact you directly if you have completed the register your interest form.
Subject matter experts
Program lead facilitator
Andrew’s work focuses on the connected realm of leadership and complexity. He’s passionate about the role that management and leadership development play in making organisations, communities and societies more productive, more human and ultimately, more successful. As co-director and co-founder of the Uncharted Leadership Institute, Andrew consults to various entities in Australia and internationally, with clients large and small from both the public and private sectors. With a deep interest in keeping at the forefront of leadership he is committed to helping leaders successfully navigate the turbulent and complex business landscapes in which they operate. Andrew enjoys designing and facilitating programs on leadership, managing in complexity, adaptive complexity, adaptive leadership and change.
2023 tuition fee and inclusions
- Includes all program sessions, program materials and learning resources, and celebration event.
- The Novotel Barossa Valley residential includes two nights’ accommodation, Welcome evening dinner, breakfasts, and day catering.
The FTLP program was a fantastic experience. It’s not the usual management program. It’s a program so full of ideas and issues that you go home worn out. With over 20 years as a manager, the program challenged me to think differently – about myself, my colleagues and staff and how to respond to change in a dynamic environment. I have not only taken home a tool-kit of great approaches to problems, but more importantly have understood a very different way of working out how to deal with the complex problems facing us in today’s workplace environment. I now understand that complex problems require complex solutions – and how changing your thinking that can take you there. I would recommend FTLP to managers at any level.John Forward, SA Health
Foundations of Transformative Leadership Program Flyer
Transforming today’s successful managers into tomorrow’s leaders.